Saratoga country simulcast system

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhodester

Anybody in the center of the city of Saratoga springs having any luck listening to this system with a Whistler ws1040 or any other scanner.Thanks in advance.

kc2smb

SC800

Have tried with a couple different scanners with terrible results. Purchased a Unication G5 and hear everything great. The scanner folks have not solved the simulcast problem. The Unication receives as well as my Motorola XTS5000 on the system.

D

DaveNF2G

I was sitting in the Price Chopper parking lot in Clifton Park yesterday and got zero signal on the system.

Chris527

I think they have been doing systems upgrades in the past weeks. I have noticed very garbled transmissions the last week almost sounding like encrypted then normal in the same transmission. It was not like that before, tonight it sounds really good and noticed the 911 is talking and dispatching directly to the Waterford P.D. Cars. I live in eye-shot of the Halfmoon Water tower.

hnk090

Antenna

I'm on the south-west end of Saratoga County and get 2 -3 bars of signal then drops to no service on and off, On a Uniden BCD996P2. Any one know of a better antenna? I'm using a inside radio shack 800mhz. Thinking about buying an outdoor antenna..

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I'm on the south-west end of Saratoga County and get 2 -3 bars of signal then drops to no service on and off, On a Uniden BCD996P2. Any one know of a better antenna? I'm using a inside radio shack 800mhz. Thinking about buying an outdoor antenna..

You could try a directional (yagi) antenna pointed towards the site in Providence.

snorkle

I lie in Vail Mills and get Saratoga dfq. with my pro-106 and a paper clip for the antenna. I get the signal from the Providence tower.

hnk090

Antenna

I purchased a yagi directonal antenna installed it 25 feet high and now have 4 to 5 bars of signal all the time..County 911 works but still missing some of the transmissions. Maybe i programed my radio wrong or missing a control channel.
I loaded the ones from radio reference..anyone know what im doing wrong. Im sure Im missing something.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.