saratoga county Fire/EMS Simulcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I listen to the saratoga county EMS dispatch on 155.925 constantly. But after the tones are set off and the dispatcher comes on he will say for an example "Clifton Park EMS and Visher Ferry Fire respond to...."
Is the EMS simulcast to low band 46.42 fire dispatch? as I hear fire being dispatched along with EMS all the time

D

DaveNF2G

Depends on what you mean by "simulcast." The dispatcher is transmitting over multiple channels at the same time. Other units are transmitting only on their own channel.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I listen to the saratoga county EMS dispatch on 155.925 constantly. But after the tones are set off and the dispatcher comes on he will say for an example "Clifton Park EMS and Visher Ferry Fire respond to...."
Is the EMS simulcast to low band 46.42 fire dispatch? as I hear fire being dispatched along with EMS all the time

They simulselect (from the console) fire and EMS when there is a call that both are going to. Some Fire Departments first respond to EMS calls.

This is a console function and is one-way (dispatch out, not a patch where it would be both ways).

Status
Not open for further replies.