Sarnia Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Is there anything left to listen to in the Sarnia area? I have a couple questions:

1. I know SPS is P25 VHF convetional encrypted... does anyone know when SPS went encrypted? And what model radios they are using?

2. Fire is digital DMR, Sarnia Transit is DMR... I think pretty much the whole city uses digital... are these encrypted or has anyone found out yet?

3. I know OPP is in the clear for now, and LEMS but I have heard rumors of them upgrading the Bell P25 system to TRUE digital system.

Am I pretty much out of luck? :/

Muxlow

Super Secret
Lambton County fire is on the EDACS system, and on VHF. All their transmissions on the VHF channels are repeated over the EDACS. So have THAT.

The 800mhz spectrum motorola system has a few users.. mainly just a cab company.
The chemical plants ... nothing of interest there.

SPS last time i peeked in a car during the winter when they got their chargers was a Astro spectra

Sarnia Fire, Transit and Public works all use Motorola XPR radios and are encrypted

Fleetnet at somepoint im sure will be upgraded to a nice big P25 phase 2 system. They were in Michigan talking with the MPSCS people and getting ideas for doing that here. Nice big spiffy system.

Soo.. If ya have a digital scanner Fleetnet will be the most active thing of interest to listen to

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Sarnia Police went digital in the mid 2000's and encrypted full time around 2010 I think. It was on and off for a while but it's been full time for at least the last 3 years or so, if not more. The cars have XTL's in them now, the officers carry XTS1500's I believe (no display).

As Muxlow mentioned Fire/Transit/Works are all MotoTRBO, however fire is no longer encrypted (they were originally but turned it off at some point).

SCPD

QRT
Sarnia Police went digital in the mid 2000's and encrypted full time around 2010 I think. It was on and off for a while but it's been full time for at least the last 3 years or so, if not more. The cars have XTL's in them now, the officers carry XTS1500's I believe (no display).

As Muxlow mentioned Fire/Transit/Works are all MotoTRBO, however fire is no longer encrypted (they were originally but turned it off at some point).

Would you think there is any chance of them turning off their encryption in the future? SPS...

Status
Not open for further replies.