Sarnia Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Does anyone know what frequencies Sarnia Fire went to when they switched to the VHF TRBO system? I have Works and Transit, but nothing for Fire. Thanks!

VE3JSO

Does anyone know what frequencies Sarnia Fire went to when they switched to the VHF TRBO system? I have Works and Transit, but nothing for Fire. Thanks!

this is what i have that i got from a spectrum direct but they are down right now and i can't confirm if these are the right ones ( a 150.3950 b 150.6050 c 155.0550 d 821.0125 e 860.7125 f 866.0125)

but this is what i have been hearing them on but i think it is a repeater or a back up 162.6600.

what scanner can get works and transit i thought we can't monitor that system.if any scanner can would the rs pro 106 would it pick it up?

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
There aren't any TRBO capable scanners at this point. I was just looking to try the DSD app while I was in the area. I found TRBO on 162.8800 which I suspect may be Sarnia Fire. TAFL shows it registered to Spectrum Communications, with a few other frequencies in that range. I will try to check them for TRBO activity later this week.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I haven't had any success with it so far with TRBO. I'm not sure if it's my setup or perhaps they are using Privacy (encryption),

VE3JSO

I haven't had any success with it so far with TRBO. I'm not sure if it's my setup or perhaps they are using Privacy (encryption),

to the best of my knowledge sarnia fire,works and transit does not use encryption and i just heard sarnia fire last night on my pro 90 on the 162.660. but hopefully gre would make a scanner that can crack TDMA

VE3JSO

yea but i think it's ether there back up freq or it might be a repeater freq that is analog because there are days i get them loud and clear and some times i get little static

VE3JSO

hey forts i was just listening to my pro 90 today and i heard sarnia fire not to sure because it was bearly readable on freq 150.3950

crossfire291

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
No.... Kind of hard to load a Linux app into a radio. It needs to run on a laptop or desktop pc, this a discriminator tapped radio feeding it the raw digital audio.

I've still had no success with TRBO by the way. Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.