Sarnia Preferred Towing

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCA6YU

King Charles Adam 6 Young Union
Hey all
Anyone know active freqs for Preferred Towing out of Sarnia?
Thanks

mciupa

Database Admin
We have some unidentified talkgroups for towing on OnQ Network out Sarnia way. They are 1116 and 1152. Perhaps they use one of them. :unsure:

Code:
OnQ Network

1116 Towing - Sarnia/Strathroy/Stratford Area  Multi-Site Users
1152 Tow Truck  Sarnia

I900D658

We have some unidentified talkgroups for towing on OnQ Network out Sarnia way. They are 1116 and 1152. Perhaps they use one of them. :unsure:
Code:
OnQ Network

1116 Towing - Sarnia/Strathroy/Stratford Area  Multi-Site Users
1152 Tow Truck  Sarnia

I believe these talk groups around Sarnia are CAA and Captain Hook but not positive. I have been listening to them, but only heard one mention CAA and did not catch the talk group. The language is pretty bad so I don't think that is Preferred Towing.

gary123

If you can Id the users they can be added to the database. Also look at the Prefered trucks and see what type of antenna they have they may be VHF/800 or conventional. Sarnia is right beside the US border it is a small possibility they are on a US system.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Highly doubt they would be on an american system. Chances are they are on fleetconnect as spectrum communication is the local dealer and they tend to push that system. As thames communication in chatham promotes onque.

Id suggest monitoring the trbo fleetconnect system and see what you find.. Or maybe maaaaaaaybe they are analog and not on a system. Watch some episodes of heavy rescue 401 and check out the trucks

I900D658

Gents I stopped and talked to this towing company about what they used for radios and they do not have any radios, they use only phones. Also i was talking with a driver for CAA towing, and they also don't use radios. they are dispatched to a tablet in there truck. i am not quite sure how that works

gary123

Many cab companies are also using tablet based dispatching. The general feel I get from users is they like the idea but not the use. The tablets only send calls to the nearest car in the area and not to any car on a call. Also many have had issues (distracted driving tickets) while trying to read or take the dispatched call.

Status
Not open for further replies.