Sarpy's trunked system went down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

topnik

...they're using their conventional channels now...can still hear them testing the trunked system to find out what's going on...

Don't think I've ever monitored problems like this on Sarpy's system before...

Edit at 2050L: Bulk of traffic still on conventional channels, with a few SCSO, CARE, radio tech, and encrypted ICalls sporadically on the trunked system. Will update when trunked system comes back up.

Edit at 2100L: Looks like they're back up on the trunked system.

Last edited:

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Morning, everyone!

Yeah - I was driving home from Fremont last night around 2015 and couldn't believe my ears when I heard traffic on the conventional channels!

At that time, the County Jail and a few other agencies were back on the TRS.

What was the indication of failure? Did the Control Channel go away? Were people making any references to it on the air?

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
The jail should have never left the TRS, they're so close to the Papillion tower they could throw their portables at it and hit it.

Seems it was an issue of a hiccup at the Bellevue area. Was really never a huge problem since they took care of it within minutes really. Not to mention I would venture to say KPTM covers Sarpy like a mofo and so unless you were like along Mission and getting into Old Towne area that would be a problem area. Even with OPD goes down there you can hear their radios bonking at them with no coverage.

topnik

Sarpy outage...

...control channel was there the whole time that I could tell...first indication I got was I heard the CC buzzing on one of the fire/ems talkgroups, then dispatch started scooting everyone over to the conventional channels...sporadically, i heard folks using some iCalls, and the CARE guys and some of the fire and le types popping on the trunked system, but dispatch was chasing them to the conventional channels...as far as the jail, well, I actually have that tg locked out...that's just me...

I just thought it was pretty cool how seemingly quickly the comms folks (dispatch) just moved everyone and, for the most part, everyone played along well...

It was only an hour or so until everything was up and running again and normal.

Although, today, as I was driving home, I heard what seemed to be test tones being pumped out over a TG I've never seen before (I think it was 9800...but I didn't have a chance to write it down...)...I'm guessing there was some testing going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.