Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

*Brush Fire* 13000 W Sayre St.; MAP 482 D1; FS 91;
Large Fire visible from a distance;
Ch:9,11,12...

Live on ABC7... Looking pretty bad.

CharlesDom

Is the same fire they're reporting in Sylmar? If so it's really huge and I'm also watching it on TV, it's on all of the local channels.

I'm also listening to the firefighters attack the fire on 860.4375. They have firemen stationed near homes, trying to save them. Sounds pretty intense, hope no one gets hurt.

landonjensen

Is the same fire they're reporting in Sylmar? If so it's really huge and I'm also watching it on TV, it's on all of the local channels.

I'm also listening to the firefighters attack the fire on 860.4375. They have firemen stationed near homes, trying to save them. Sounds pretty intense, hope no one gets hurt.

Yes sir..

karldotcom

119.975 LAFD Helco
470.5875 LACFD 11 Command
470.4875 LACFD 12 North Response
857.2375 LAFD Alt 9 SAYRE IC
860.7625 LAFD Command 11
154.400 LACFD Air to Ground
135.975 ANF Air
172.375 ANF
858.9375 OCD 3 Valley

LA City TRS

609 LAGSD PD
580 Ranger 1

LA County TRS

1765 Safety Police Olive View Hospital Evacs req busses All County Safety Police units authorized Code 3 rolls to Olive View

Last edited:

landonjensen

Reporter just feet from fire at Olive Hill Medical Center. Power is out at the hospital. They are on emergency generators. They are sheltering in place.

landonjensen

1500 acres burned
Evacuations ordered:
Everything N. of 210
Western flank of the fire: N of the 5
Eastern flank of the fire: Hubbard St.

Fire has jumped the 210 freeway at Foothill Blvd. and Cobalt St.
Structures are threatened
Fire moving west toward the interface

300 firefighters; 15 strike teams on scene; more on the way.

JayMojave

Ok listening in from the other side of the mountains (in Lancaster Ca) to the Sylmar Fire, picking up this recent traffic. 0830 AM

Tac frequencies now being switched to:
Tac 22 159.090
Tac 23 154.415
Tac 24 158.970

also listening on 151.310

LA County Fire on 470.4875 and 470.5875

Possible new fire in Pacoma Canyon.

additional frequencies

Jay in the Mojave

Last edited:

DPD1

I didn't even know about this one until I saw the smoke this morning. It's weird, people in the hills just north of here I guess have had very strong winds the last 24 hours, but it has been dead calm here the whole time. They're showing the DC10 working down south on a fire.

Dave
www.TheNorthSpin.com
Dedicated to Aircraft Flight Test for the Aviation Enthusiast

PStuart

Which LE channels/freqs are working this incident? Not familiar with this area, would I be able to monitor in N. Hollywood?

SCPD

QRT
At this time of the year many federal wildland fire resources are not available due to seasonal layoffs, both on their home units and for mutual aid response. In spite of that here is the lineup of those resources being used in southern California.

Cleveland NF - Unknown as CAD resource status not kept up.

San Bernardino NF - All engines except 1 (Waterman Station) and 2 reserves staffed or committed to Tea or Sayre Fire. All water tenders staffed. Helicopter 534 committed to the Freeway fire. Air Attack 12 committed to the Sayre fire.

Angeles NF - 14 engines staffed 24 hours, 5 patrols staffed 0800-2200, and 5/6 water tenders staffed. 1 hotshot and 1 Type II crew committed to the Sayre Fire. Other 4 hotshot crews shown as "out of service" and it is unknown if this is for days off or they are off for the season. Engines, patrols, and overhead committed to the Tea and Sayre fires.

Los Padres NF - Engines, patrols, water tenders, and overhead committed to "Tea Cover" or Sayre fire.

Sequoia NF and Tule River Indian Reservation - Engines and 1 Type II crew sent south to supplement local resources.

Inyo NF - Engines, patrol, water tender, and overhead sent south to supplement local resources.

Sierra NF and San Joaquin Valley National Wildlife Refuges -
Engines and overhead committed to the Tea fire.

Stanislaus NF - Engines sent south to the Cleveland NF to supplement local resources.

Eldorado NF - new start (North fire) on the Cal Fire Amado-Eldorado Unit

Shasta-Trinity NF - Engines committed to "Tea Cover" and the North fire.

Plumas NF - 1 engine committed to the Tea fire.

BLM California Desert District - Several engines still staffed and available in station.

All federal aviation resources still on contract appear to be committed to fires or are available at base.

karldotcom

My brother took the Metrolink into work this morning, and reported that the "DWP House" next to the LA Aqueduct Cascades is gone.

bobiesocs

DWP House

Does anyone have any info on this property? I drove by it today and was saddened to see it had burned. I've driven by this house for at least 40 years and always wondered about it as it was the only house next to the aqueduct for so many years until the recent surrounding developments.

karldotcom

sayrefire.jpg

Just for kicks I created a GeoMac picture of the Sayre Fire Perimeter, with past burn area perimeters included to show you why the fire stopped where it did. The yellow is the SAYRE fire, while the gray are the SESNON and MAREK fires from 2008, with other past perimeters shaded different colors. Note: The large green area without a border to the right is the Angeles National Forest area....

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any info on this property? I drove by it today and was saddened to see it had burned. I've driven by this house for at least 40 years and always wondered about it as it was the only house next to the aqueduct for so many years until the recent surrounding developments.
If you mean this one at 17001 Foothill, the place was built in 1956, and was most recently sold in 2001 for $1.4 million, http://www.realestateabc.com/home-values/detail/CA/Sylmar/17001+Foothill+Blvd It's landlocked, bordering the original (1913) aqueduct spillway, and the DWP has (er, had) a 20' right-of-way easement right smack up their driveway and to the rear property line.

Last edited:

karldotcom

Should have trimmed those trees...the lastest Google satellite view has 2 of them against the house.... I always heard it was the guy's house that took care of the Cascades...but maybe that was a City of LA legend....

Last edited:
This video was shot at our hooch at the the Sayre fire base camp at Hansen Dam near Pacoima and Sylmar CA on 17 Nov 08. This video is of the communication trailers and other support groups working the fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd6ntn2BlpU

Here's a time lapse of the fire near Santa Clarita. This guy does awesome work and music. At night when our FFs light the backfires by shooting flares is something to behold. He captured it perfectly on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X2UMXUE5B8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.