Saskatchewan P25 System Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

colby4601

Well, as most of you know, the Saskatchewan P25 System is set to have one to three more channels added onto each site to accommodate rural Fire and EMS moving off FleetNet and onto the P25 system.

I received a submission from a user tonight showing that these changes and updates are slowly starting under way. A new voice channel was added to the Yorkton Site very recently.

So, here is the call for help. Monitor your local sites and if you realize there is a voice frequency not yet in the database for that site, PLEASE SUBMIT IT.

Come January, we will not only see new voice channels added, but also new talkgroups.

Any new information you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

mobile1

Another channel added today?

Foxtrot150 called Regina control at 4pm today : Testing... Testing... Testing... Testing... You copy Regina ? 10-4 we copy . OK Regina control, this site now has 4 channels and you copy on all 4 ? Yes 10-4... I am returning to Regina now . 10-4 Regina clear .

colby4601

Foxtrot150 called Regina control at 4pm today : Testing... Testing... Testing... Testing... You copy Regina ? 10-4 we copy . OK Regina control, this site now has 4 channels and you copy on all 4 ? Yes 10-4... I am returning to Regina now . 10-4 Regina clear .

Yup. Heard that as well. I was going to make mention of it, but you beat me to it!

Slowly, but surely the updates are on their way. It's only a matter of time before we see new talkgroups added as well.

Another type of update, new sites have been installed in the Pelican Narrows area. Pelican Narrows, Sandy Bay, Deschambault Lake and Creighton are now off the FleetNet system and on the P25 system. They were using Tac 1 for a while, but they have since moved to a permanent talkgroup. My guess is that the talkgroup they are operating on is 596, 597, 598 or 599. Those four talkgroups were recently added, but there was only testing taking place and a positive ID could not be made on them.

colby4601

As of november as of November 27/2009 I have been moneriting them on fleetnet .

Definitely doesn't make sense. I haven't heard them on FleetNet for a few weeks and they were heard operating on the P25 system just last week. Are you sure you're not hearing Stony Rapids and Fond-du-Lac?

mobile1

At this time they are on FleetNet800 and the P25 System because they are linked with the use of a Raytheon ACU-1000 Interoperability Unit. So the both of you are right about this. Ok !

rusty15

Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring this sytem for years and heard them today on fleetnet and they are also similcast on vhf 155.700. haven't tried the P25 system yet . (bc785-bcd996t-bc 245- bc 9000

colby4601

Alright. I was listening tonight and Stony, Fond-du-Lac, Black Lake are on TG 96 on the P25 system. Unknown about Pelican yet.

denebru

scanner receiver

what model, make: scanner are you using or receiver are you using?for listening to the stony rapids ,blacklake frequencies

Last edited:

colby4601

what model, make: scanner are you using or receiver are you using?for listening to the stony rapids ,blacklake frequencies

I'm using the BCD396T to listen. I only heard them twice. Once on a Tac channel until they had their own TG and then a second time on TG: 96. Are you up in that area?

denebru

stony rapids area

yes in northern saskatchewan.i was using uniden naSCAR BC72XLT TILL THEY CHANGED THEIR SYSYEM.
SO I`LL BUY A SCANNER THAT WILL GET ME INTO THEIR SYSTEM. GOOD HOBBY FOR ME : ANYTHING THAT HAS A GADGET THEME.

Status
Not open for further replies.