Saskatchewan RCMP Feed Online!

Status
Not open for further replies.

colby4601

As the title would suggest, a provincewide Saskatchewan RCMP feed is now online!

Saskatchewan RCMP Live Scanner Audio Feed

Please leave any comments or suggestions! Enjoy!

Since I'm in Regina, where the OCC is located, we get a lot more than one talkgroup at a time. Many times, there will be 4-5 TG's up at a time.

colby4601

Also, the Sasktel Fleetnet is on the feed. Rural Fire and EMS all over Saskatchewan is being monitored as well as Conservation Officers and Highway Transport Patrol.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to know how your able to listen to the agencies provincewide? You may be listening to a province wide system (much like our own Fleetnet system in Ontario) however I have a hard time believing your listening province wide though.

Explain how the system works.

With that said though, welcome, I'll try an tune in from time to time.

mobile1

I'd like to know how your able to listen to the agencies provincewide? You may be listening to a province wide system (much like our own Fleetnet system in Ontario) however I have a hard time believing your listening province wide though.
Explain how the system works.
Colby is on the same tower site as RCMP Regina control and SaskPower's Com center so he will hear all of the talkgroups from his location. Many of the SUs in Regina will be programmed to scan all of the talkgroups. Radio Branch is also located at F-Division and their SUs will be scanning all of the talkgroups for problems. As long as there is an SU scanning the FleetNet800 talkgroups in Regina,Colby will also hear these talkgroups. All of these two systems tower sites are linked to cover the whole province.

beeperboy

Colby is on the same tower site as RCMP Regina control and SaskPower's Com center so he will hear all of the talkgroups from his location. Many of the SUs in Regina will be programmed to scan all of the talkgroups. Radio Branch is also located at F-Division and their SUs will be scanning all of the talkgroups for problems. As long as there is an SU scanning the FleetNet800 talkgroups in Regina,Colby will also hear these talkgroups. All of these two systems tower sites are linked to cover the whole province.

So are you saying the OCC doesn't have access to the intersite trunks directly, and that they dispatch with a mobile radio that brings up the nearest repeater (and talkgroup), and then the repeaters set up the call?

BB

fini

Sask RCMP

Thanks for the feed. Will try to listen as much as possible and know that many old time scanner users will take a listen as well.

mobile1

So are you saying the OCC doesn't have access to the intersite trunks directly, and that they dispatch with a mobile radio that brings up the nearest repeater (and talkgroup), and then the repeaters set up the call?
BB

All of the systems tower sites are linked to each other through the ethernet and to dispatch at Regina control. It is only because there are SUs scanning all these talkgroups in the Regina area that it makes it possible for Colby to also hear them. The system uses wireless 400 and 900 MHz ethernet links and land line ethernet to do this. EMS/Fire will be just using radios for dispatching their units. FleetNet800 also only uses radios for dispatching. Only the PPSTN P25 system uses the ethernet like this.

colby4601

I missed a lot while I was away! Mobile1 pretty much explained it all. Either way, the feed has a lot of talkgroups from all over the province to listen to.

colby4601

Is there any way of having alpha tags on the stream to know which area we're listening to?

Right now, I'm using a Mac to broadcast this feed and at this time I don't believe there is an application for a Mac which would support Alpha tagging. However, I am currently in the process of purchasing a copy of Windows XP to run on my Mac so that software with Alpha Tags can be used.

Hopefully by mid-next week I will have that up and running.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
In that case I'd suggest K1PGV's ScannerCast it doesn't look like it's MAC compatible but once you get Windows you should be fine.

Right now, I'm using a Mac to broadcast this feed and at this time I don't believe there is an application for a Mac which would support Alpha tagging. However, I am currently in the process of purchasing a copy of Windows XP to run on my Mac so that software with Alpha Tags can be used.

Hopefully by mid-next week I will have that up and running.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Many of the SUs in Regina will be programmed to scan all of the talkgroups.

There must be another reason as a scanning radio does not affiliate to scanned talkgroups. It will only affiliate to the talkgroup that the radio was sitting on when the scan button was pushed.

The radio shop might have multiple radios each sitting on a talkgroup of interest.

Generally they would only dial in on a talkgroup if trouble was reported. Too hard to monitor that many radios at once.

You also have to keep in mind that monitoring multiple talkgroups ties up frequencies which could be needed for local traffic.

mobile1

Great to listen to.

As the title would suggest, a provincewide Saskatchewan RCMP feed is now online!

Saskatchewan RCMP Live Scanner Audio Feed

Please leave any comments or suggestions! Enjoy!

Since I'm in Regina, where the OCC is located, we get a lot more than one talkgroup at a time. Many times, there will be 4-5 TG's up at a time.

The audio quality of your feed is just great. It sounds much better than my GRE. Thanks Colby.

colby4601

No problem at all! Sorry for the recent downtime, but there was an event here where the computer had to be pulled out of service. Should be back up and running fulltime again.

Status
Not open for further replies.