Saskatchewan

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorvw

Premium Subscriber
Hi All! i just found this site, and am enjoying reading everything. Long story short, i currently have a very OLD UHF\VHF scanner, and I've stopped hearing everything on it lately. I'm currently looking for a scanner that can scan Fleetnet here in Saskatchewan. If it can also scan the new RCMP system, that'd be great too....but it's not a necessity. I have NO idea where to begin, or what to look for, and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance!

mobile1

Hi there trevorvw. I think a PSR 500 from GRE or a PRO-96 from Radio Shack may be the way for you to go in Sask. You will have to bring one in from the U.S.A. at a cost of about $600 .

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Isn't SK Fleetnet the one that can't be trunktracked (but can be voice decoded in conventional mode)?

Bluedmax

mobile1 said:
You will have to bring one in from the U.S.A. at a cost of about $600 .

Welcome trevor.

I have to chime in here and strongly disagree with the 600.00 comment , If you look at the classified section theres a pro 96 for 275.00 right now I paid 225.00 for my pro 96.
If and when you get one I well help you set it up for rcmp and fleetnet ...

Last edited:

Bluedmax

Jay911 said:
Isn't SK Fleetnet the one that can't be trunktracked (but can be voice decoded in conventional mode)?

Fleetnet in sask. is easily trunked with any trunktracker ... the new rcmp is the one that has to be scanned in conventional mode ... and in rural areas its fantastic , citys can get pretty confusing with 10 times the traffic ...

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Bluedmax said:
Fleetnet in sask. is easily trunked with any trunktracker ... the new rcmp is the one that has to be scanned in conventional mode ... and in rural areas its fantastic , citys can get pretty confusing with 10 times the traffic ...

My bad, sorry. I'm not used to having multiple trunk systems worth monitoring.. my main interest is public safety and there's just the one out here in Alberta. ;)

richster

Jay911 said:
My bad, sorry. I'm not used to having multiple trunk systems worth monitoring.. my main interest is public safety and there's just the one out here in Alberta. ;)

Oh how I envy you!

Regards,
Richster (in the land of 100% encryption).

RBerezowski

Jay911 said:

You mean, "there's just the one out here in Alberta", at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.