Saskatoon Area B396XT owners-

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger628

Hi-Although I have been monitoring for decades I'm new to the digital world-
I just got my unit 2 days ago and using it is.....daunting. I know there's the manual
but it's over 270 pages. Are there any people in the Saskatoon area with this unit who could give
me a little tutorial over the next couple of weeks? I'd even pay you for your time....I mean I get paid
for specialized knowledge-why shouldnt you? . My name is Roger and I can be reached at 202-2860 if anybody is up to it. Thanks

BC_Scan

not in the Toon but can help

are you winnning ?
do you have programming software ? (this is the first step)
do not despair , this is a first class radio !
send me a PM if you wish

roger628

The cable they gave me is an old serial one-I don't even have a serial port on my laptop-Is there an adaptor that can make it USB?

roger628

What do you know about FreeScan-I just downloaded it, and I got a hold of an adaptor for USB, so I'll have at it

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Roger - do not despair! With Freescan and the USB cable you are heading in the right direction! I have the same radio and was VERY frustrated with how complicated it is, but I stuck to it and am now having an easier time using it thanks to Freescan. Go to Easier to Read BCD396T/UBCD396T Manual too for an easier to read manual for the 396. PM me if you have any questions - even though I am new, I'll try to help!

boom38

Roger, what are you planning on listening to in Saskatoon area?

roger628

Well I guess I know what I won't be listening to, which is the reason I bought it in the first place, the City PD!

Status
Not open for further replies.