Sasquatch/Bigfoot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffy

Over the last year or so I've done a great deal of reading about Bigfoot. I've probably read 1,500 sightings/encounters or so on the internet. I've never had a sighting but do believe Sasquatch is the real deal. The BFRO has a really good database of sightings broken down into states and counties. Has anyone here ever had a sighting or know of someone with aan encounter or sighting?

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/

jeff

Last edited:

mciupa

DB Administrator
All these sightings and no DNA evidence, such as hair or stool samples.

I don't know Jeff , I'm skeptical.

SCPD

QRT
gotta believe with the guy above, no remains, droppings, or clear hunting or food patterns. if a creature like this did exist, we would see some types of remains or something along the lines of that by now. i do realize that some things are not explainable, but i think that every thing at is inexplainable, is some how explained

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
nova1010 said:
I see Sasquatch at least once a week....I married her daughter :) J/K lol I hope my wifes doesn't read this :)
Bah haaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha hahahahahahaahah :D

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
lakekid313 said:
gotta believe with the guy above, no remains, droppings, or clear hunting or food patterns. if a creature like this did exist, we would see some types of remains or something along the lines of that by now. i do realize that some things are not explainable, but i think that every thing at is inexplainable, is some how explained

Well, it is possible that they are very carefull about their droppings and foraging/hunting. Possibly an evolutionary behavior that is the sole reason for its survival. Detection would equal erradication of species.

but then again, i'm walking on Ockams razor here.:D

It is a big world. We are still finding new animals every year, and every so often we still manage to find a tribe out in the bush that has had no contact with civilized man before. There are species of large ape and gorrillas that have only been documented on a handfull of occassions. It is possible, but not likely that an elusive ape/man exists that is as exceptionally good at staying un-seen as common man is exceptionally good at destroying and building things.

Shortwavewave

I dont beleive in goasts, or aliens.
But when it comes to bigfoot.........you have to think there seriously are areas of the world, even in the USA that man/human has not even walked or seen yet

In the state of washington there are mountians and some areas(woods) that are restriced access because when people go there they never come back.

Ive never personaly have seen anything, but a few times while hunting in texas ive heard things that was no where even close to the sound of a Dog, deer, coyote, or bird.

The term bigfoot is used because if there really is anything out there, we dont know the sci name for it yet.

Open your minds a little bit , now when it comes to goasts I laugh a people.

mikepdx

lakekid313 said:
...if a creature like this did exist, we would see some types of remains or something along the lines of that by now.
I've heard that some have a theory that they bury their own.
But, that might just be a convenient theory.

Also, how often have you come upon, in the woods, deer or bear remains
that have died from natural causes, old age, disease, etc ?
With the great number of deer around in much of the US & Canada, you'd think you'd find a lot of carcasses.
I've never seen one in the forest.
Nature takes care of that.
Everything left becomes food for other animals.

Last edited:

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
mikepdx said:
I've heard that some have a theory that they bury their own.
But, that might just be a convenient theory.

Also, how often have you come upon, in the woods, deer or bear remains
that have died from natural causes, old age, disease, etc ?
Nature takes care of that.
Everything left becomes food for other animals.

actually. many many deer

but true, that does not explain lack of skeletal remains.

mikepdx

DanTSX said:
actually. many many deer
Wow. Very interesting.

I wonder if the reason I don't see any carcasses and you do,
is the vastness of the forest/wilderness areas here in the west
vs. more concentrated (smaller) areas in which deer are found
in quantity in the NE, where you are, due to population density.

As an example, some light aircraft crash here in the wilderness and are NEVER found.
The debris is grown over real quick and it's gone forever.

Last edited:

jeffy

sasquatch...

to be honest I'd like to keep this thread serious and would appreciate if you all would respect that in the same way I wouldn't come on to a scanner thread and make jokes about your serious scanner questions, etc. I'm saying this in a respectful way. I'm hoping there might be some folks here tha have had a sighting or know of someone who's had a sighting or encounter.

Jed

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
jeffy said:
to be honest I'd like to keep this thread serious and would appreciate if you all would respect that in the same way I wouldn't come on to a scanner thread and make jokes about your serious scanner questions, etc. I'm saying this in a respectful way. I'm hoping there might be some folks here tha have had a sighting or know of someone who's had a sighting or encounter.

Jed

there was one "sasquatch = father in law" joke. which is par for the course even on "conspiracy" forums like ATS.

The rest of us are discussing dead nuts serious. So how about your own personal Yeti story?:cool:

thats a cool website you linked in here. I read the Connecticut stories and I've been to those areas. Hope I dont hear that yeti scream that they describe. And It is wierd that all the Rhode Island stories have it being with white/grey fur rather than red/brown fur. Like a different strain of sasquatch. Kind of like how ewoks were all different colors ;)

Last edited:

jeffy

I just wanted to hopefully catch the thread before it went the other way Dan. I've never had a sighting but enjoy reading all of the ones I've found on the net. My daughter's boyfriend and his mother had a sighting when he was a young boy.

jeff

jeffy

Lake worth

CLTX11 said:
I remember hearing and reading about the "goatman" on Greer Island, Lake Worth.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/lakeworth.htm

http://www.subversiveelement.com/LakeWorthMonster.html

I live pretty close to the lake so it interested me, conspiracy? I don't know but they are fun to read.
...just read about that yesterday. I guess what got me interested was the Patterson film in 1967. By the way, I was stationed at the Dallas naval air station in the 70's that has since been moved up to Carswell AFB. Do they still refer to the Dallas/Fort Worth area as the metoplex?

CLTX11

jeffy said:
...just read about that yesterday. I guess what got me interested was the Patterson film in 1967. By the way, I was stationed at the Dallas naval air station in the 70's that has since been moved up to Carswell AFB. Do they still refer to the Dallas/Fort Worth area as the metoplex?

Carswell AFB is actually closed down, they operate out of NAS JRB now and yes DFW is still the "metroplex."

Shortwavewave

Now adays its more like Dallas/Fort Worth/Denton Metroplex its growing fast.

I remember storys my dad used to tell me about friends he had that claim they saw bigfoot.

over 5000 sightings maybe more, you telling thats fake?

Go to youtube and lookup Bigfoot LOTS OF STUFF, I been up all night looking at all of it

jeffy

bigfoot

There are tons of sightings/encounters from over the years. Besides the BFRO site a lot web sites covering different states. Here's Oregon for instance....

http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/database.php#national

There are many hoaxes nationwide too... especially the video type. I certainly don't believe all of the encounters but I think some folks are the real deal.

jeff

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
jeffy said:
There are tons of sightings/encounters from over the years. Besides the BFRO site a lot web sites covering different states. Here's Oregon for instance....

http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/database.php#national

There are many hoaxes nationwide too... especially the video type. I certainly don't believe all of the encounters but I think some folks are the real deal.

jeff

Hopefully the proliferation of digital cameras will help us get some decent photos. All the stories usually end with "if I only had my camera......"

digital game cameras can shoot in IR and could easily nab this hairy primate.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.