Sat. Monitoring & RS Antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikie333

Last edited:

k9rzz

I'll bite.

I'm not real familiar with that radio, but you may hear some of the 200mhz signals, but here in WI I find that they are pretty weak.

Try some of the ham satellites. You'll need to research the frequencies and find out when they go overhead, but you should hear them with your set up, including the ISS which can be pretty loud.

burts

antenna ??

i would stick with simple antenna for a hand held scanner, some of the bigger antenna, i think put to much strain on the scanner fitting,if you want a better antenna go for a bnc connection piece of coax and give making your own a go there are so many sites out there that show or tell you how to make them,most antennas are simple and you cant do any harm by trying.and you learn so much more

from burt

Austin4Wyo

Go to Heavens Above for info regarding satellite passes and known frequencies. You set up an account with your coordinates (you might need Google Earth or something similar to get your coordinates established) and it tracks everything for you. Pretty cool. I'm yet to pick up an sat signals, but I've managed to see a couple iridium flares from their info.

mikie333

Austin4Wyo said:
Go to Heavens Above for info regarding satellite passes and known frequencies. You set up an account with your coordinates (you might need Google Earth or something similar to get your coordinates established) and it tracks everything for you. Pretty cool. I'm yet to pick up an sat signals, but I've managed to see a couple iridium flares from their info.

Great website! I've been a 'member' for a while. I often will pull up the website on my phone @ night and 'find' the satellites passing in the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.