• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Satellite Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to see how many people have Satellite Radio.

Who has XM and who has Sirius?

What do you think of the one you have?

I just got Sirius and are there any chs. that are definetly worth listening to?

landonjensen

Sirius

i have a Sirius, and i think its very good. The channel i mostly listen to is ALT NATION. They ussally have good songs on their.
Just ask if u have anymore questions.

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
I listen to Sirrius that came with my new car. I haven't been real impressed with the sound quality-too much compression on many of the channels, but the content has been good.

YFZBOB

I have both, Sirius in our vehicles. XM portable player... Soon to drop XM in 07, when Sirius takes over NASCAR.

nexus

I'm an XM FAN ( http://www.xmfan.com/ )

Got the Delphi Roady II installed in my impala. I think its cool how I can be listening to XM on my directv satellite, or on the internet from their page, and then jump into the car and pick right up and continue to listen. My favorite channels are BPM and FRED oh and Cinemagic! I've been very pleased with the service now for a few years.

wmbio

Xm

I have 5 XM systems, love the Sixties oldies.

I do listen to Sirius on my PC sometimes, not much of a Howard fan ( No Bashing please ) Just like good music.

Enjoy
Wmbio

funcritter

I have four XM radios. My 06 Cobalt has OEM XM, I have two MyFi portables and one Inno Portable, all of them activated.

I love 60s, 70s, 80s, Fred, Boneyard, High Voltage, Highway16, U.S. Country, the Village and numerous other channels. I can't live without my XM!

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I have sirius- my only beef with it is how it has to keep reaquiring the signal in certain areas. I thought they said they had ground stations to help eliminate that.

I lsten to the classic vinyl, rewind, 60's, 70's and commedy.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Have Sirius and never have receptions issues....I listen to Howard and Octane the most..I would never listen to Free FM again...And now they have some coverage of the WSOP, I love it!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I am an XM fan, got it originally so I could listen to real baseball (you know the National League (based on OP's name, I couldn't resist that.))

Gill, if you lived in South Dakota for a while (or I guess in West Texas) you might change your mind about that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.