Sattelit 750 club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draw3691

I recently bought the Grundig version off an ad in Craigslist slightly used and have a few things great, good, poor-you be the judge. I compared it on AM to the CCRane Radio 2e and it won hands down in Bob's backyard! The next few days I'm thinking wow what a radio. The third morning I tried to turn it on and all the lights and displays went on, but no sound. I tried the reset button and no. So I unplugged the adapter, put batteries in, and wallah. Took the batts out and reconnected the power and resumed my listening. Is this supposed to happen, or is it a glitch? I made a home brew longwire antenna an on the radio side I exposed the center wire right and tried the external antenna clamp port. When I flipped the switch from internal to external antenna the display blipped rapidly back and forth between the two. So I went to the school supply section at Big Lots and picked up a pack of binder clips. It had 3 sizes of clips, great for different sizes of telescoping antennas. I removed the thumb handles and wrapped one side with the center conductor wire. Re-assembled the clip and clipped it on the barely opened antenna. Man! Made a big difference! No loss of db's. This is a good idea for those radios without external ports.

nanZor

The third morning I tried to turn it on and all the lights and displays went on, but no sound. I tried the reset button and no. So I unplugged the adapter, put batteries in, and wallah. Took the batts out and reconnected the power and resumed my listening. Is this supposed to happen, or is it a glitch?

It is a glitch. I've had it happen to mine. Seems to be static-related, and sometimes an ac adapter if pushed in slow enough can do it too.

With an ungrounded antenna, I've had the same permanent mute happen too. Pull all the power sources, wait a while, and reconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.