sattelit 750

Status
Not open for further replies.

elk2370bruce

The R-75 is a vastly superior unit for both sensitivity and selectivity. The Grundig leaves a lot to be desired for the price. I borrowed one and compared with my R-75 and my Hammarlund and Hallicrafter boat anchors. It did not measure up favorably.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A recent MT review says pretty much the same thing. Eton blew it with this radio, no doubt about it. A shame really - the market could stand a mid priced semi-tabletop. They should have married the overall performance of the old Sony ICF6800W (orange version) with the MW performance of the (old) Panasonic RF2200 and the sideband performance of their E1. Now that would have been a radio worth having 73 Mike

bluefox2163

I have one and I have to say that the MW performance is excellent,the shortwave and usb,lsb is pretty damn good to,its very sensitive on am aircraft bands.I would rate this radio as an 8 on a scale 1-10 however it does not compare to the r75

rwl48

I don't know about the sattelit 750 but I have the satellit 800 and that works as nice as my frg-7 and the 800 has the coveneice of storing channels.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I know its not really what it was meant or built for but the the 800 has "good ears" on AM civil aircraft too.

Manny

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Please stay on topic, folks. The original poster was asking about the 750, not the 800. 'Nuff said

73 Mike

bluefox2163

yes like I said the 750 is a good reciever I dont know why so many are putting it down in reviews an stuff

majoco

Stirrer
So you bought an R75. There are plenty of reviews that say the R75 is Cr@p too. How can you compare the receiver you have with one that you don't have. What about the Watkins Johnson HF1000 - is that a cr@p receiver? Just because you have spent far too much money on an R75 over a commercial Grundig (probably made in China and called a Redsun 2100) doesn't make your receiver better for the purpose that the purchaser bought it for. Horses for courses mate, ideal for the purpose is the best deal.

ridgescan

So you bought an R75. There are plenty of reviews that say the R75 is Cr@p too. How can you compare the receiver you have with one that you don't have. What about the Watkins Johnson HF1000 - is that a cr@p receiver? Just because you have spent far too much money on an R75 over a commercial Grundig (probably made in China and called a Redsun 2100) doesn't make your receiver better for the purpose that the purchaser bought it for. Horses for courses mate, ideal for the purpose is the best deal.
First of all, MY review of MY R75 is it is a damn fine radio and money well spent. Secondly-why are you so f**kin ANGRY in your postings-you think you're "all that"??! I have seen you react to other threads...you need to chill out. I didnt say anything in the original post to hurt anyone did I? I just made an observation. If you dont like it TAKE A HIKE!!! ...and what the hell does "horses for courses" mean? I have read a LOT of reviews on these radios-and the R75 has way more POSITIVE reviews since its introduction, while that POS grundig red china special has mostly crappy reviews right out the gate! There's how I can compare a radio I have to a radio I DON'T! Like the other guys said, the R75 is SUPERIOR to the gruntig-a lot of folks don't even realize the R75 is military grade! Basically a "debriefed" army unit:) what is the 750 but the equivalant of a yaghtboy in a fakey rugged box that probably emits poisonous gases once its warmed up anyway:mad: so-majoco, your post is a "joke-o"

Last edited:

Draw3691

New Listener

I purchased a Sattelit 750 afew days ago after the tuning threads broke in my old Craftsman 9333. I'm new at this listening thing after years of dxing on cb and ham. However I pitted the new purchase which was a steal at 150dollars by the way new in an opened box perfect condition. I put it up against the 9333 and the sound on airband was superior on the old radio. The 520-1700 AM band was pitted up against a CCRadio2e in Los Angeles listening to KKOB in Albuquerque and had the ANT ATT on the 750 all the way down to equal the volume level of the Crane. For the 750 I say on those features and narrow/wide and more channels and meters than both-I will use the 9333 for air, the Crane for 2 meter and try to hook my Justice antenna to the am in the 750 cause it really impressed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.