Saturday's inauguration

Status
Not open for further replies.

shumadine

First, Happy Lee-Jackson Day to all my fellow Virginians. Regarding tomorrow's inauguration, I'm sure the Capitol police frequencies and certain Richmond city police frequencies will be active. Am I correct in assuming the legacy 154.680 State Police executive protection channel is no longer in use? If so, what are they now using, an unknown talkgroup on STARS? Or would they be using any of the newer STARS tactical talkgroups? Looking forward to any feedback from those in the know.

richrowl

Inauguration TG's

154.680 is history, however, you never know what may get used. 154.680 has been replaced with STARS TG 84 (EPU). Lots of testing on INOP_LE_1 TG 6125, TAC_TEAM_1 TG 16 is another possibility. Check the Capitol Police (STARS) as listed here in the RR database. This event may also have a lot of secure (encrypted) comms, keep scanners in the open or wildcard mode in case of unknowns getting pressed into use.

shumadine

It turns out I really couldn't listen much like I wanted to. During the inauguration itself, all was pretty quiet. What little I heard right afterwards sounded active on that STARS 6125 talkgroup and then a "8TAC93" federal frequency in the 800mhz range. I never really knew what those frequencies were for but it was interesting to hear something on a new channel. Thankfully the inauguration wasn't on this rainy day!

Status
Not open for further replies.