SAU campus police/magnolia police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallohide

Newb and first post. Bought a radio shack pro 668 running the factory rubber duck on eBay that was already converted to monitor dmr, basically pure luck and ignorance. I knew I needed a scanner for p25 to monitor the awin talk groups. The seller was great and programmed the SD card for Columbia county for me. I can hear the sheriff's office which is on dmr and the local state police troop who are on awin. Can hear the few local analog items also. Firmware is the 3.8 and DSP 3.0. I have successfully created several scan lists as well that do work. I understand it is basically a ws1080 stuck on 3.8 firmware.

I am physically about 4 road miles from both the sau campus and the police dept.

My question is I wonder why I cannot pick up the sau campus police or magnolia PD? The scan lists i have for them do not work. Information was taken from here on rr. Anybody down here in south arkansas have any input? Thanks in advance.

PS I am a ham of one year experience so that has helped me to know that I have probably not programmed it correctly or i have left some setting off hi hi. Kg5jns

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Firstly welcome to the forum, and to the hobby! As far as I know, if you have the AWIN programmed correctly as an P25 TSYS object, and have the right sites set up, and correct talk groups, you should be hearing them fine. No one has reported any encryption there in Columbia County yet unlike your nieghbors where it looks like everyone has turned on enhanced security (encryption) on their DMR systems.

Fallohide

Thanks, this helps, it points it back to my programming. I'll keep pegging away at it.☺

Fallohide

Milf, best I can tell, the freq in RR for the Magnolia PD is used instead by the FD. The PD in Magnolia is operating on the Columbia County SO freq on DMR. The SO operates Central Dispatch for both. This is just me monitoring my scanner so YMMV.

cajunjerry

Yeah Magnolia- pd switched to something that I haven't been able to hear them in years..BTW I am in Springhill Louisiana

Status
Not open for further replies.