Savannah area radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacon12

I forget the name of the system being used in the Savannah, Pooler, Chatham and Effingham County area, something with the name Southeast Georgia in it, but was wondering if anyone knew if it is a P25 phase 2 system like is being used in the Macon/Bibb Co. area? I was in Savannah recently and picked up most everything, all the way out to Tybee Island, on my Uniden 436 but have great difficulty with the Macon/Bibb system. Nothing new about that! :)

N8IAA

Have you tried putting your cursor over the tab that says database and clicking on it?
Just wondering.
Larry

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
Indeed. It is Phase 1. I was up in the Forsyth/Macon area twice in the last couple of weeks and was able to monitor the Central Georgia Interoperable Regional Radio System in Bibb County with both the Home Patrol in the mobile station and with the BCD436HP so I'm assuming not all of the TGs on it are Phase 2. I didn't have any problems at all monitoring CGIRRS while in Macon with the 436.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Is ANY of the Macon/Bibb county (CGRRN) system on Phase2?

jacon12

Indeed. It is Phase 1. I was up in the Forsyth/Macon area twice in the last couple of weeks and was able to monitor the Central Georgia Interoperable Regional Radio System in Bibb County with both the Home Patrol in the mobile station and with the BCD436HP so I'm assuming not all of the TGs on it are Phase 2. I didn't have any problems at all monitoring CGIRRS while in Macon with the 436.

Mac, I live near Byron and have a 436. Sometimes I can receive/monitor CGIRRS and other times cannot at all. I've pretty much given up trying to figure out why... :)
Jarrell

RRR

Premium Subscriber
If so, I am happy can pick Phase2 up on my BCD996XT.

N8IAA

So... RRR.. you're NOT receiving Macon/Bibb (Central Georgia Interoperable Regional Radio System) ?

What he posted was a sarcastic remark meaning that he was able to monitor the Phase II system, which is using Phase I TGID's, on his scanner. Nothing more, nothing less.
I don't believe you are grasping the concept that Phase I TGID's can be transmitted on a Phase II system. If you look on the Macon/Bibb system, you will see a D for the TG mode. When a T shows up, then it will be TDMA, Phase II TGID.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.