Save PSR-800 Config to File

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJL100

New to the GRE scanners, so hopefully this has not been over-asked
(I honestly DID search for this before posting ;) )

Is there a way to export/ save the PSR-800 configuration to a text, CSV, XLS file ? It takes a fair bit of time to get the thing set up and it would be nice to know that if for some reason the programming got messed up or I messed it up by accident, I could simply recall the file, load it into EZ Scan, and then upload it to the radio.

Does this functionality exist or should I go stand in line and suggest it as a new feature?

Thanks

mikey60

There's no export from the software, however you can make a backup copy of the programming by making a copy of the CDAT and CDAT_VS.* folders on the scanner's SD card...

Mike

jackj

All the info your scanner needs to operate is there on the MicroSD card so there is no need to back up the config file. Use the EZscan software that came with the PSR-800 to program the scanner. It saves all that info on your computer. The next time you open the program, that data is all there. If you're worried about loosing your computer then buy an other MicroSD card and program that too, then you will have everything on two MicroSD cards as well as your computer.

IowaGuy1603

New to the GRE scanners, so hopefully this has not been over-asked
(I honestly DID search for this before posting ;) )

Is there a way to export/ save the PSR-800 configuration to a text, CSV, XLS file ? It takes a fair bit of time to get the thing set up and it would be nice to know that if for some reason the programming got messed up or I messed it up by accident, I could simply recall the file, load it into EZ Scan, and then upload it to the radio.

Does this functionality exist or should I go stand in line and suggest it as a new feature?

Thanks

I make 3 copies of the config when I update...............One is in the scanner
One is the back up that I take with me when I travel & one sits in the firesafe at home with my computer backup DVD's

SD cards are cheap.................

Status
Not open for further replies.