Sayreville FD Conformation Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

I received a submission today telling me that the FD is not encrypted on the borough system.

Can anyone local confirm that? I'm not concerned how they appear on the county 700 system, just the borough at this point.

Thanks...

GM

Premium Subscriber
I've observed that the Dispatch TG is in the clear; I'll run Unitrunker for a few days to verify what's going on...

W2SJW

Database Admin
Thanks.

The person apparently has access to the consoles, and claims the fire TG's do not have the 'key lock' symbol on them like the PD ones do...

Tech792

Since it was mentioned weeks ago that they went ENC, I've been hearing them in the clear ever since. Including today.

racescan_fan

I have also heard all operations in the clear on the fire dispatch channel. I wasn't sure how to bring this up without reopening the of worms that the old thread had opened.

W2SJW

Database Admin
It's not the dispatch channel at all, the person that made the submittal claimed that none of the fire talk groups were encrypted.

That's why I know it's going to take a while to confirm, because how often do they get activity that makes them go off on their tac channels?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Again, we know the dispatch is in the clear. I was specifically asking about the fireground channels.

I was contacted privately to confirm that they still very much are, so I restored the DB to the previous listing.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Again, we know the dispatch is in the clear. I was specifically asking about the fireground channels.

I was contacted privately to confirm that they still very much are, so I restored the DB to the previous listing.

I never said dispatch, I said I have been listening to them since we changed to the County TRS. They dispatch and operate on the same TG. They do have other TG to use if they have multiple call or other non emergency ops but those were not E either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.