SBE-12SM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

K7HUE

At a hamfest i got a couple SBE-12SM Optiscan scanners. I moved some of the little channel programming stickers around and programmed just for state police and local NOAA wx, just to see if they work. They pick up state police on 155.070 but not the 162.55 WX. My guess is that someone realigned them to cover the 2 meter hamband. Even unsquelched there is no trace of the WX station. Just using a foot of wire as antenna but this normally brings in WS strong. What do you think?
BTW, downloaded VDOS and SCANPROG to run the calculator on my Win10 - a big thank you to the author who posted SCANPROG !!!!! thanks, Hue K7HUE

KaMa66

I have a Optiscan and I have a card programmed with all the weather channels and mine works fine. I would look in the slot and manually step all channels without a card make sure all ten bulbs are working. Funny that both scanners won't work. It is unlikely they have been realigned because if they did shift high vhf band down to cover 2 meters then the code for 155.07 would also have to be changed from the standard to be correct. Double check 162.55 should be 2,3,5,6,10,13,14 stickers removed. Also try to jiggle the card around slightly they can be picky about alignment of the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.