sc 150 and charging/power cord

Status
Not open for further replies.

millerfour

Yesterday in the mail, I received said item which I purchaed on Ebay. The battery worked fine yesterday and it didn't indicated low. After plugging it in while I was at work (9 hours), it keeps shutting off after 3-5 seconds with the low battery sign on. It came with an AC adapter, but I am wondering if it is the right one for the scanner or just one that looks like it should work, because it won't stay on while plugged in either. Or .... maybe the battery is just dead...... any advice?

CStarr59

My very first scanner was a SC150 and it works well. But it has a battery life issue and every few years the battery pack need to be replaced. Most likely that is your problem, my battery life would grow shorter and shorter until I had to replace it. Look online "ebay" You will find one. It's a great scanner and well worth another battery or two.

CStarr59

Ok, I dug my old SC150 charger out of the box. The unit says....

Uniden
Bearcat
AC Adapter
Model: AD-70U
Input AC 120V 60hz 5w
Output DC 12v 200ma

Hope this helps...!

millerfour

Ok, I dug my old SC150 charger out of the box. The unit says....

Uniden
Bearcat
AC Adapter
Model: AD-70U
Input AC 120V 60hz 5w
Output DC 12v 200ma

Hope this helps...!

I have no idea how I missed this, but I just looked and it says "component telephone" on the AC ........ the guy sent me a telephone cord, that would be why it won't work.

What are my chances going to be that Radio Shack would have the right AC cord in stock? I know they don't have the battery, checked on that yesterday.

KC0QNB

probably good chance to find it at RS, make sure that you take the radio with you to find the right adapta plug

millerfour

Still more questions...... I went to radio shack and got a new AC cord, but the scanner just turns on for a few seconds and then goes off, do I have to leave it pluged in for more then a hour? - or- is the battery dead on top of everything - or - is something wrong with the scanner?

CStarr59

If you left it plugged in for an hour the battery should have charged some and it should work. More than likely you need a new battery, mine did the same thing and would turn on and last a minute or two and then die. A new battery did the trick for me.

millerfour

If you left it plugged in for an hour the battery should have charged some and it should work. More than likely you need a new battery, mine did the same thing and would turn on and last a minute or two and then die. A new battery did the trick for me.

After four/five hours it worked for about an hour, so yes, now with the new AC it needs a new battery..........

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.