SC D-Star UPstate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
just for those in the upstate who did not know, SC Hearts has installed a D-Star Repeater on Caesars Head, I was in Greenwood this weekend and was able to get into it with 5 watts from my HT and rubber ducky. Repeater has great coverage and should have a gateway up soon

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I need to get a module for my V82 and try that out. Being in Easley, it should be loud and clear.

Bob

Yes, it has very great coverage and once it is on the gateway you can use /Commute and when you transmit it will rebroadcast across all the D-Star Repeaters in the State! So I am sure someone will come back to you. ;-)

hankv

Yes, it has very great coverage and once it is on the gateway you can use /Commute and when you transmit it will rebroadcast across all the D-Star Repeaters in the State! So I am sure someone will come back to you. ;-)

Unfortunately, nobody using the Aiken Repeater (KR4AIK) has had /COMUTE explained to us. All we know is that we occasionally hear 1/2 of a conversation coming in on the repeater from SOMEWHERE. What is it? Why is it? When should it be used? Who can use it?

Hank

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, nobody using the Aiken Repeater (KR4AIK) has had /COMUTE explained to us. All we know is that we occasionally hear 1/2 of a conversation coming in on the repeater from SOMEWHERE. What is it? Why is it? When should it be used? Who can use it?

Hank

Hey Hank, great to know you are on here, I've talked with you several times over D-Star. Anyone can use Commute Anytime!, if you are in the Columbia area use /CAE to talk on all the columbia area repeaters. A lot of the hams have just started to always have /Commute on so they are always talking on all the repeaters statewide as there isn't that much activity on any of them right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.