SC - digital status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony0778

I'm returning to scanning after several years and needless to say, things have changed! Presently, I'm using a Pro-62 and am considering purchasing a BCT15 or 296T. Both of which are analog only.

My concern is being "outdated" when and if the area converts from analog to digital. I would appreciate any info anyone may have regarding the plans for South Carolina counties. Specifically, Pickens County near Greenville. Or, if anyone can lead me in the right direction to find out this info, I would eall appreciate it!

Thanks...Tony

AndersonMBK

Tony, there's already 9 digital talkgroups for Pickens county listed in the database. I would go with a digital.

tony0778

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like I would be wasting money purchasing a non-digital scanner for this area. The bad news is the present cost of a digital unit.

I'm still learning my way around the database.....

Thanks again....Tony

rescuecomm

Pickens County EMS ambulances have one 800mhz digital WT per truck. From the grapevine, I understand that the ambulances and rescue squad trucks will be getting mobile radios on the Pal800 system sometime in the next year. I expect a slow but inevitable switch to 800 mhz by Pickens County over the next five years. Incidently, the administrators of the Palmetto 800 system have required digital capable radios for some time now.

Bob

GrapeApe

I like the PSR-500. I'm in Greenwood county and I'm picking up all the surrounding counties and as far as Greenville.

I had a BC396 and was only hearing Greenwood and maybe some Laurens 800Mhz. But the Laurens signal was very choppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.