SC Roll Call

nmelfi

Premium Subscriber
So, wich one of you guys is the one going antenna crazy on New mecallhaney in TR. Drive by everyday and see more antennas. Good work!

jdb_br15

FIREFIGHTER/EMS
Premium Subscriber
~Your Name -- Johnny Bozard
~Location -- Orangeburg ,S.C. Town of Branchville
~Radios in your shack - Motorola XTS 2500,HT 1000,2- BCD536,2- Home Patrol II, Unication G5 and can't do with out my CB's. ~Scanner online - PROSCAN.ORG ORANGEBURG
~What do you monitor on a daily basis? State and Local Police, Sherriff, Fire, EMS, Wildlife, Forestery and ect.

NightF0x

~Your Name -- David
~Location -- South of Columbus NC. About a mile from the state line so I pick up SC and NC calls
~Radios in your shack - BCD536HP & an old BC92XLT
~What do you monitor on a daily basis? Everything that I can pick up, not dedicated to anything specific

jgiercyk

Premium Subscriber
~Your Name: Jim, N2SUB
~Location: Greenville, SC
~Radios in your shack: SDS200 and a BC895XLT for scanning. I have far too much ham gear to list :)
~What do you monitor on a daily basis? Aviation, and public safety on Palmetto 800 and local conventional systems

I have recently become re-interested in scanning because my HF antenna was taken down (quite literally) due to construction. The BC895XLT hadn't seen the light of day since the early 90s, but she fired up like a champ. It's great for aviation monitoring, and my upstairs office is in the approach to a local airport. I've always been an aviation nerd, and it felt like old times. Regarding ham radio activity, I am active on the local VHF net, and I do a lot of DMR and DSTAR via hot spots. I've also started chasing the FM amateur satellites. I guess the lack of an HF antenna hasn't stopped me from enjoying the hobby, and it's rekindled an old flame; it's brought me back to my roots. So I invested (heavily!!!) in a new SDS200. I never would have dreamed of such a machine back in the 90s....it's been a great quantum leap for me and I've really enjoyed it! It says I've been a member since 2006, but I've always been the typical "fly on the wall". Now that I'm back into scanning, I will have a lot of questions, and I've enjoyed and learned from countless posts. I'm looking forward to good things from this group. 73 es all the best

Jim, N2SUB

Jlandjland

Premium Subscriber
Your name- Jeff
Location- Irmo,SC
radios in your shack: Whistler 1065,
Monitor mostly local police,fire,ems.

Just bought a uniden bearcat BCT15X for my son in law. I Had programmed it using freescan, didn't have much trouble doing that. But i don't hear anything on the Palmetto 800 for the same channels i use on my whislter. Will this uniden only pick up stations using conventional programming? Would like some input on how to best program this uniden for my area.
Love the site and the forum, great info on here.

Scorch

~Scott W6SDF
~Savannah Lakes Village (old fart community), McCormick, SC
~Several old 2006's with Cheek mods & OptoScan 456 boards, mostly used for data channel feeds. Uniden BCD996XT. Yaesu FT-8800. Kenwood TMV-71A. ICOM 7300,
~Don't monitor anything yet, haven't unpacked radios, set up shack desks, ran cables, mounted antennas, or figured out if the 996 will receive anything or if encrypted. Gotta lot of work to do!

Xodice

Premium Subscriber
Name: Allan
Equipment: Dedicated Linux server with 2 RTL_SDR dongles acting as a calls ingest server for broadcastify
Monitor: Palmetto 800, Kershaw (Camden) tower.