Sc21 tg 1551

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Been getting encrypted traffic on this TG all night. Never heard it before, and I didn't find another post questioning it, so...anyone know what this is? I'm guessing an ISP Zonewide channel, but not sure. Radio ID's have been in the 310200-310400 range, which is why I'm guessing a Zonewide thing.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
What towers are you hearing this tg on?

Thanks,
n9zas

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
What towers are you hearing this tg on?

Thanks,
n9zas

Should've put that, it's only important information...

1-015 (Chi. N) is the tower(s) I heard it off of. Haven't heard anything (encrypted or otherwise) on there since I posted.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
TGs 1551-1553

Some clear traffic was monitored on TGs 1551-1553 as early as 12/09 and messages about these TGs were posted on the Starcom 21 Yahoo! Group. At that time it was thought that it might have been a task force or metro enforcement group (MEG), ops were in the Elgin area.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I'm just curious as to why we'd post this as it's an encrypted talkgroup and no one can monitor it? I do notice this in the database too, and it really is useless information unless someone has been monitoring encrypted traffic.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm just curious as to why we'd post this as it's an encrypted talkgroup and no one can monitor it? I do notice this in the database too, and it really is useless information unless someone has been monitoring encrypted traffic.
Granted, you can't copy their traffic.
This IS somewhat useful because if you pay close attention to radio id's, they can determine what radios are in the clear on other tg's. This is very important if these happen to be in your area!

n9zas

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Granted, you can't copy their traffic.
This IS somewhat useful because if you pay close attention to radio id's, they can determine what radios are in the clear on other tg's. This is very important if these happen to be in your area!

n9zas

If a radio is in the clear on an unencrypted talkgroup, then i'll know who they are. If they are in the encrypted mode on and encrypted talkgroup, then ok...thats the talkgroup that officer is using, but I can't hear them. I've noticed this alot on here and other Starcom groups, just wondering why it's important to post...to the average listener. Thanks for your explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.