sc230 -=- freescan--mutiple frequencies for each driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

racemonkey

Hi all... Hoping there is a race fan here that uses the sc230 and freescan to program their scanner... At the races-- there are often multiple frequencies that go with each car... Does anyone know the best way -- or a way-- to have multiple frequencies with each driver in freescan?

When i start a new system-- then a new group and do nascar for example... The box window comes up and shows display/freq/lockout/tone/ and a few other things.. is there a way to have 2 freq columns?

MFD4305

Hope This Helps

In FreeScan you cannot have two columns with the same data: two frequency columns in your example. Try using multiple rows for each car/driver, with the car/driver ID in one column and the appropriate frequencies in another column - and whatever additional data are appropriate in their columns, of course.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You could potentially set up 1 group for each driver, but that's wasteful ... Mike

racemonkey

Thanks mfd and Ka....

Hmmmm.. The problem is-- on a nascar weekend-- there is 43+ drivers per group-- and there are 3-4 groups and each driver has mutiple freq.. So we are looking at 350+ entries if i have to use a line for each freq(mutiple per driver).. Ill have to figure something out-=- cause that would suck to have to scroll through to find a driver or number..

der_springer

Premium Subscriber
Why can't you create a System for each Driver. When you add a Group to that Drivers Sytem, then you are given the opportunity to add multiple freqs per driver. I don't have your scanner but just checked the "Easier to Read SC230/USC230 Racing Scanner Manual" and it says "You can store up to 200 systems, up to 20 groups per system or 200+ cars per race system, and up to 200 channels per group"

rwier

Hi all... Hoping there is a race fan here that uses the sc230 and freescan to program their scanner... At the races-- there are often multiple frequencies that go with each car... Does anyone know the best way -- or a way-- to have multiple frequencies with each driver in freescan?

When i start a new system-- then a new group and do nascar for example... The box window comes up and shows display/freq/lockout/tone/ and a few other things.. is there a way to have 2 freq columns?

This is no answer but, some years back, before computer aided scanner programming, I would set up, and use, a thousand channel scanner, as follows:

car #22 freq's go in channels 022, 122, 222, 322, etc
car #65 freq's go in channels 065, 165, 265, 365, etc.
car #73 freq's go in channels 073, 173, 273, 373, etc.

A little creativity necessary for situations where there was a car #9 and a car #109 in the sane race. I think I put #109 in channels 509, 609, etc.

Track officials, rescue, sheriff Joe, etc. could be entered in the channel 900-999 range.
Thus, you can always tell who's who by looking at the scanner. But after a while, that detracts from the watching. I evolved to a state of listening to only the top five on the leader board, you learn the voices right away. Turn channels on and off as the leader board changes, and add a sixth channel, the flag tower guy, as he has an uncanny knack of spotting the wrecks, seemingly before they happen, lol, announcing "throw it" before you can scream at a wreck right in front of you. Also, an expensive headset (noise control type) made all the difference in the world on enjoyment of the scanner. A small number of the leaders, hearing most of their chat, you don't miss much of importance.

Rob

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
Anyone have a current list of NASCAR freqs? I am trying to setup a PSR500 for use at the Kansas Speedway this weekend.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.