SC230 new to downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fineousfingers

Premium Subscriber
I've gotten it out of the box. I've found RADIOREFERENCE and paid my premium subscription. I've downloaded a demo software and am beginning to get an understanding for loading my local frequencies. I grab my cable out of the box to plug into the new Dell Laptop Studio 15 that I bought for Christmas and can't find a serial (?) port to plug into the computer. It looks like the Uniden scanner plug in is something different than I've seen before, ie. not a typcial USB like my cell phone. I was hoping to grab a USBII cord that I had laying around and plug it in. NOT SO FAST... so now I'm looking for advice. Is there a USBII to Serial Port adapter, or does Uniden sell a USBII to SC230 cord that I can pick up for a song? Thanks for the help everyone. Sorry for such a mundane question. Tough being the new guy... :)

Jimmy McGuire
Uniden SC230 NASCAR Scanner
Dell Studio 15 Laptop
Auburn IL
Sangamon County

Fineousfingers

Premium Subscriber
As I was reading other posts I see where another person had a problem with not having a USBII cord and then saw where Uniden appears to be shipping those with the newer units. I bought this from Bearcatwarehouse.com . I don't know if they are part of UNIDEN or not, but it sure is disappointing to pay the bucks and get what appears to be older inventory without the notice that a new cord would be needed. I'll contact my local Radioshack and see if they have anything. Then I'll be back for tips on downloading my local frequencies.

Jimmy

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Uniden does not currently ship USB cables with any model.

We sell the USB-1 cable. If you search the boards, you'll find some other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.