SC230 Scanner Problems Radio Skipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylech99

Premium Subscriber
I am having problems with my SC230 scanner. It keeps in the middle of receiving transmissions keeps cutting in and out and it does it every where. Does anyone know how to fix this? any help would be appreciated

n2mdk

Not familiar with that particular model but sounds like you have a priority set a priority channel will do that every 2 seconds. Priority on weather will do it every 5. Search and Close Call will do it as well every 2 seconds. Whichever is turned on turn it off.

kylech99

Premium Subscriber
Ok that didnt work either it just breaks up in the middle of conversations. The antenna is a new one i bought to try to see if it was the antenna it is like something else is blocking the frequency other than priority. Any help? Any ideas?

kylech99

Premium Subscriber
This proiblem is doing it even with the squelch on i wonder could tehre be a connection or soemthing wrong with the speaker a short maybe?

kirka127

Could possibly be a bad BNC connector to your antenna. This would cause your signal to cut in and out.

kylech99

Premium Subscriber
ok thank you close call is off but is still not working right its likethe speakerhas a short.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
I think you better double check the close call, priority and weather alert. You have something turned on somewhere.

kylech99

Premium Subscriber
i think it must have been the weatehr alert i forgot to figure to shut that off!!! Thanks for yuor hel pguys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.