• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

SC4 file syntax and switches ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin

Now with a boatload of documentation, I was thinking of creating my own SC4 files.
These seem to be a spinoff of CSV format but don't know the various switches and addressing data.
Thought I would play with my KMC 500M now that I can do something with it.
I know these files can do a lot more than just shifting bandsplits. Someone posted a link to a PDF but a dead link. Yahoo groups had info but they no longer exist.
Already see the '//' are comments, '(whitespace) /' is a field separator. Guessing 'FREQTBL' sets a frequency table. Then a switch for frequency. Next field is an address for a byte ( in line sequence) . then a field of hex byte from decimal converted frequency.
Seems these files will work with any radio programmer/RPM will enable SC4 files.
Anyone have such documentation ? don't need files, looking to 'roll your own'.
Thanks

jparks29

John McClane
RPM uses SC5

Here's an example SC4......

// M7100 450-512 MHz over to Amateur use
// Moves RX/TX-TA base frequency from 450 MHz to 440 MHz
//tx freq
FREQTBL /f /b0 /=1A
FREQTBL /f /b1 /=39
FREQTBL /f /b2 /=DE
FREQTBL /f /b3 /=00
//rx freq
FREQTBL /f /b4 /=1A
FREQTBL /f /b5 /=39
FREQTBL /f /b6 /=DE
FREQTBL /f /b7 /=00
// talkaround freq
FREQTBL /f /b8 /=1A
FREQTBL /f /b9 /=39
FREQTBL /f /bA /=DE
FREQTBL /f /bB /=00

SC files were designed for individual customers that needed something special or to fix things until a patch or new firmware version could be introduced. They were used for a couple things but primarily for hams to use 150-174 equipment on 144-148, or 440-470 to cover 430-460..

merlin

Hey, thank you. I know about the ham mods, what I don't know is how to determine the 3rd field that(concluding) is an address of sort.
The big book says sc4 (sc5) is also used for functions and features not directly supported by programmer or RPM.
In the ham community it is claimed just changing the file extension (IE: sc5 to sc4) it works.
Main reason for the ask is I have an Orion with a flaky squelch. I need 15 to get over the high noise level here (S9) and changing any other mode, it reverts to 1. Thought an sc4 may fix that, programmer wont.
The hierarchy of these files is a lot like CSV that I am familiar with.
No, Ericsson does NOT like hams didling with their radios but the sc4 opened a back door for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.