Scam report : Cjohnson19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peerlessk

Note to moderator please but this in it correct place and TAG IT ! on Tuesday on2/24 I agree with so called names a person Chris Johnson and member named Cjohnson19 here in RR to trade a sds200 for a unication g5 . On 2/25 we shipped our trades . 2/27 I received a partially packed g5 . The box for the g5 was in the box bubble wrapped . There was and is no g5 pager inside the unication box . There also is no Chris Johnson that lives at the addressee package . The FBI and local authorities near the address where the package was to be delivered also the post office are involved. This person has not returned my calls and was prompt in doing so while we agreed on trade . No email return text nothing. Hopefully no ones bought or traded with this individual .

Note : when I retrieved at the local post office it felt light . I opened in front of the post master and we both just looked at each other . A police report will be filed today meeting with the post master as witness . Again WARNING do not deal with member Cjohnson19

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Sounds familiar...

Was the address in Iowa?

Peerlessk

5110 Grover street #2 Omaha NE but the guy is from Iowa . hes on camera in Omaha trying to pickup my intercept package with wrong ID

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
5110 Grover street #2 Omaha NE but the guy is from Iowa . hes on camera in Omaha trying to pickup my intercept package with wrong ID

Does it look like the guy in this story...

Peerlessk

Honestly I haven’t seen any footage , the information is from the postmaster from the Omaha local post office saying the guy in question was caught on trying to receive a intercept package .

Peerlessk

Also learning from this . Postal inspectors are much like the police or any other investigative agency . Call them if you have any issues with situations like this .

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I take it that you will get your SDS200 back being as you had put an intercept on it and they would not honor the bandits bad ID?

And yes, postal inspectors can be very thorough. Even though the USPS is not an official federal agency, their postal inspectors have full police powers. They perform undercover ops much like several federal agencies do.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
In my 30+ years in law enforcement, I worked with postal inspectors on anthrax letters, bomb threats and other cases. They're knowledgeable, thorough, efficient and good to work with.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Keep in mind that there could be payment records relating to the Premium Subscriber payment that could be used by law enforcement to help track this merger down.

Peerlessk

I take it that you will get your SDS200 back being as you had put an intercept on it and they would not honor the bandits bad ID?

And yes, postal inspectors can be very thorough. Even though the USPS is not an official federal agency, their postal inspectors have full police powers. They perform undercover ops much like several federal agencies do.
Yes . The postmaster at the post office in NE was helpful with the whole situation to this point . The sds200 is in route back to me . Now what to do with this empty package ? I’m assuming maybe the authorities maybe will want it ? No clue . Really wish there was an easier way to trade . Like a trade department here on RR Maybe for a fee where both parties sends it trades then the said trades sent to the traders.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Really wish there was an easier way to trade . Like a trade department here on RR Maybe for a fee where both parties sends it trades then the said trades sent to the traders.
Here's a thought...maybe don't trade valuable items with members whose accounts are just a few days old, have no post history, no feedback history, etc. Why should the burden be on RR or any third-party entity to facilitate safe trading, when common sense and personal responsibility should prevail? :unsure:

Peerlessk

Here's a thought...maybe don't trade valuable items with members whose accounts are just a few days old, have no post history, no feedback history, etc. Why should the burden be on RR or any third-party entity to facilitate safe trading, when common sense and personal responsibility should prevail? :unsure:
you know ... yes it was an error on my part you have a problem with me being informative towards other members so they don’t make the same mistake ?

Peerlessk

I’m all for owning up to making a mistake when I’ve made one . I don’t need reminded of that side of the issue . I created the thread to inform others . But hey I guess everyone got an opinion. That’s ok too . Hopefully everyone remembers to read or look into a member before trying buying etc . The thing here also is . I talked to this guy on the phone and it didn’t feel off at all . Why? No clue because maybe we talked and he was that good at getting me to trade . it was impulsive also because I wanted what he had for trade rather than purchase .

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
you have a problem with me being informative towards other members so they don’t make the same mistake ?
Nowhere in my post did I state or imply that I had any issue with you alerting others, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

I was speaking only to the idea that Lindsay would get RR into the business of playing middle-man for trades or any sort of commerce, which is what you suggested. That will never happen. It's up to the individuals using the platform to buy/sell/trade at their own risk.

PS - Anyone can buy a prepaid phone and get a phone # in any area code for well under $50. Any old Tracfone can have 30 days worth of service added to it for a measly $15, so having a conversation on the phone where the area code matches the address being given means nothing these days. There is no verification process and you don't even have to use a real name when buying the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.