Scan Control Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

Can someone tell me how or if you can import data from the RR data base using scan control I got a bc296d and I did somthing and it wiped out everything I had in it . any help would be great thanks
also I know nothing about the software I was tring to learn and screwed it up any teachers out there want to walk me through it ? that as well would be great I understand some of it but would be nice to have someone there to correct me doing somthing wrong THANKS

So now it wiped out everything I need someone to help me start from scratch

lugoffman

Well I figured out that the demo version only lets you use 3 banks and now the problem is I need to know how to use the data grabber does any one know how to do this and what requirements do i need for this ??

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Go to the Scan Control website and view the videos on the Data Grabber page...

http://www.scannersoft.com/

A basic rule of thumb is when you are trying to use DG, make certain you start at the top left of the list in question inside the column headings, and highlight everything - and this is an important point - 1 line beyond where you want to stop copyling. It sounds a bit klunky - it is - but it works.

It doesn't work well with Netscape, but does in IE. 73 Mike

lugoffman

Go to the Scan Control website and view the videos on the Data Grabber page...

http://www.scannersoft.com/

A basic rule of thumb is when you are trying to use DG, make certain you start at the top left of the list in question inside the column headings, and highlight everything - and this is an important point - 1 line beyond where you want to stop copyling. It sounds a bit klunky - it is - but it works.

It doesn't work well with Netscape, but does in IE. 73 Mike

I didnt see any videos I guess I'm over looking it

lugoffman

Well i figured it out the hard way and thats putting it in one by one lol!!! man a lot of typing but I still can't seem to find out how to import the frequencys or use that grabber thing lol!! but if someone can explain it to me much thanks. Now I looked for the video thing he said above but could not find it but if some one that uses this program could give me some insight on it , on how to use it I would appreaciate it alot (sorry spelling )

lugoffman

OK I think I am doing somthing wrong again it work just like the video said and now its not I keep on getting a message that pops up saying the clipbord does not contain at least 1 row with the correct data type for this paste any idea what I might be doing wrong ??

Deeke

If your using Firefox or anything besides MS Internet Explorer you can get errors.(I did)
Like ka3jjz has in his reply, use ie.(you never mentioned which your using)
make sure you go on line past the line you want. I still have problems when trying to get parts of a listing. It may be easier to select it all and then delete whats not needed.
IF you still have problems using ie, shoot Ken an email off the scancontrol website or try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScanControl/?yguid=190346960
I think he monitors yahoo more than here.(i may be wrong)

lugoffman

If your using Firefox or anything besides MS Internet Explorer you can get errors.(I did)
Like ka3jjz has in his reply, use ie.(you never mentioned which your using)
make sure you go on line past the line you want. I still have problems when trying to get parts of a listing. It may be easier to select it all and then delete whats not needed.
IF you still have problems using ie, shoot Ken an email off the scancontrol website or try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScanControl/?yguid=190346960
I think he monitors yahoo more than here.(i may be wrong)

well I use win.xp and I think ,I know what I doing wrong cause I got it to work again I wasn't highlighting everything I was supposed to and I did it the way ka3jjz said to start at the top left corner and drag it and it worked then. I dont know what I was doing in the past but now my digital stuff is working great I didnt even have to set my sound quality. well I really APPRECIATE what everyone has done for me THANKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.