Scan in Motorola mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellojosh

Hey yall...Im kinda new so bare with me....I have figured out how to program all the frequencies and everything and I know how to put it into MO mode to see the names I tagged to the stations, however when I hit scan it never stops on an active channel, but I am able to hear activity in MANl mode, but I have to hit up and down to search through all the channels I prog...if I hit MAN and then mode and change everthing to FM and scan, it stops when there is activity but none of my tags show up. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

rs96

Make sure the Control Channel is in Mo mode. It should work and it will scan untill it pickes up something and what kind of scanner are us using?

RayK

mellojosh said:
Heyyall..Im kinda new so bare with me. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!
Your right it's frustrating we can't read your mind over the internet .First what scanner are you using,next what system are you trying to monitor(state,county,town etc) yall?

SCPD

QRT
If you are using the PRO-92,2067 ,2053,95 or Pro 97

1. Select the bank Use Func and the arrow keys.

2. Make sure the bank is in Motorola Mode

3. Press PGM Key, T or Trunk Key, then Mode Key to select MO/Motorola

4. Presss MAN Key.

5. Go to all the channels in the motorola bank by pressing PRG/Program key
make sure that next to each frequency entered the letters MO appear by pressing the mode key to set the MO mode.

6. Press PRG to change to the next frequency and presss the mode key again so MO appears.

Finally make sure that the bank is OPEN. This is indicated by a PLUS + for Open and a Minus sign - for closed. IIRC on Some RS Scanners it is Func 5 key to open and close the bank, on others it is Func Key then the . (Period/Delay Key) please consult the manual.

You can obtain a USB programming cable from radio shack to program the above radios easily with the Starrsoft software. Some of the programs are free and others are shareware with an expiration date.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2177609
http://www.starrsoft.com/

mellojosh

Re

Sorry for the lack of info...I am using a Radiosahack Pro 97 handheld triple trunking scanner and I am programing in county, city, and campus police broadcasts. And yeah, yall....born in Chattanooga, and for 21 years after that either there, Atlanta or Savannah. So now that were done picking on how I talk, lets talk scanners, Shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.