Scan mode. Nothing to scan

Gunny451

Hello and help please.
I recently purchased a SDS200 and had it programmed for me.
I have made favorites lists over the month I've had it and everything works great.

Today I updated database and firmware and added one new favorite list and uploaded to scanner as in the past.
Now my scanner says "Scan Mode: Nothing to Scan".
Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I'm new to all this
Thank you,
Don

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Hello and help please.
I recently purchased a SDS200 and had it programmed for me.
I have made favorites lists over the month I've had it and everything works great.

Today I updated database and firmware and added one new favorite list and uploaded to scanner as in the past.
Now my scanner says "Scan Mode: Nothing to Scan".
Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I'm new to all this
Thank you,
Don
Hi Gunny - welcome

This forum is a wealth of info and we recommend using the forum's search function, because chances are whatever the problem is, we've covered it before - in some cases monthly/weekly

The folks here are more than glad to help, but we also want to try to help people to get up to speed quickly and the best way to do that is the old 'teach a man to fish' approach.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
the settings were changed when you updated the database and will most likely do it again every time you load new data bases to the scanner. with that said i would just update the favorite list that is in the scanner and reload it back to the scanner, that way you control what changes will be made.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
When ever doing anything with these scanners, always read the scanner into Sentinel, or whatever your using first.

Reconrider

Press the Menu button on the left side(bottom button) > set scan selection > select lists to monitor > turn on what you want and turn OFF the full database and search with scan. Press menu button three times to get out of menu to scan.

If it still says "nothing to scan" read my next steps

Menu button on the left side( bottom button) > select service types > turn everything on. Press menu button 3 times to see if "nothing to scan" is off.

If it's still on, DM me and you can mail me the scanner and I'll get it working and think about sending it back :ROFLMAO: