Scan Monitor 208A by Pace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just picked up what is marked as being a Scan Monitor 208A by Pace. I have no owners manual or other information on it and I was wondering how I can determine what channels are on it and how to change them. At this point I can turn it on and get it to listen to the local weather and that's about it. Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated. Based on the scant online information I could find, it came out in 1973 and has a range of 35-55 MHz and 152-164 MHz.

DJ11DLN

A friend of mine had one of those years back. I'm pretty sure it is an early-1970s crystal-controlled scanner. Take the cover off, the crystals may be marked with frequencies. There may even be a sticker on the inside with the frequencies marked, possibly even what the licensees were, though that info, if present, is likely out of date.

If you want to change anything, be prepared to spend $$$, crystals aren't cheap these days.

Thanks for the help! I just took the cover off and found that someone had fairly recently put new wiring in and had it cleaned up. I took each of the 8 crystals out, one at a time, wrote down the frequencies, and put them back in. It looks like I have between five and six crystals that have no local importance to me, but for the price, I couldn't beat it. Time to start hunting for the frequencies I want...

DJ11DLN

Thanks for the help! I just took the cover off and found that someone had fairly recently put new wiring in and had it cleaned up. I took each of the 8 crystals out, one at a time, wrote down the frequencies, and put them back in. It looks like I have between five and six crystals that have no local importance to me, but for the price, I couldn't beat it. Time to start hunting for the frequencies I want...
Best of luck to you. If there isn't a special place in heaven for people who rescue old radios and keep them working, then IMHO there should be!

gbriden

I would love to find a place to get crystals for my old Realistic PRO-22 it still works but none of the crystals I have match used frequencies anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.