Scan Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0QNB

Ok guys there is scan Arizona, scan Virginia, scan California, and so on where is Scan Nebraska?, If it does not exist we should build it, and they will come.
Ryan

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Hi Ryan,

I acutally held the domain name "scannebraska.com" as well as "scanlincoln.com" when I lived in NE. I had a stream from central NE on scannebraska.com.

Since I left, these domains have gone away. I hope to see them active again in the future.

Cheers,

Joe

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Ok and who would determine what talk-groups or frequencies get scanned? Some people want to hear public works guys, while others never want to hear the bus talk-group, or dog catcher, some people want info, while others don't. Could get kind of confusing.

KC0QNB

Will like the Scan Arizona there are choices, let the user decide what he wants to listen too by clicking the link provided. With enough people and radios there could be plenty of choices, but that means contacting more scanner users in the state that are willing, that in itself would be a great undertaking, maybe best to forget it.

K0RPT

Scan Lincoln

Joe:

You might be interested in knowing that I recently aquired scanlincoln.com domain and have published it. I am building it now and have some stuff up back as you know, it is a never ending process.

Ed

Hi Ryan,

I acutally held the domain name "scannebraska.com" as well as "scanlincoln.com" when I lived in NE. I had a stream from central NE on scannebraska.com.

Since I left, these domains have gone away. I hope to see them active again in the future.

Cheers,

Joe

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Hi Ed,

This is great news! Are you planning to have a Lincoln stream? I am looking forward to this, and I’m sure some of my old remote listeners are as well. Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Joe

K0RPT

Live Stream

Joe:

I am planning on a live stream. I will be useing a pro 94 but have yet to build the streaming software. I dont know what to use. Then I would like to get some that allows for a GUI or atleast users to see live grafix. I have a BC245 that has some neat software. I am not an HTML guy so I am pokeing and proding my way through the site build.

Ed

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Hi Ed,

Check out the Scan New England website below. When I was running my stream, I used this as a guide on how to get set up. When I did my feeds, I hosted them directly form a computers at my house and my parents house using Windows Media Encoder. This will allow you to stream audio, and stream a selected portion of your desktop. Looking at the Scan New England site, Scott has moved on to using TeamSpeak and he has a lot of information on this.
http://www.scannewengland.net/wiki/index.php/Teamspeak_Server_Info

The streaming message board here on RR is a good resource too:
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111

Good luck, and thanks for your effort to bring a Lincoln stream back to the Internet.

Cheers,

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.