Scan sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone advise some specific info on how the PSR 500 scans? For purpose of discussion assume scans lists 1,2, and 3 are selected. Also assume the object id's in the scan lists are:
List 1: Id's 1,2,3,4,5,42
list 2: Id's 5,11,12,13,34
list 3: Id's 5,6,7,8,9,10,66
In 1 complete cycle what would be the order of scanning?
Ron

mikey60

radionut44 said:
Can anyone advise some specific info on how the PSR 500 scans? For purpose of discussion assume scans lists 1,2, and 3 are selected. Also assume the object id's in the scan lists are:
List 1: Id's 1,2,3,4,5,42
list 2: Id's 5,11,12,13,34
list 3: Id's 5,6,7,8,9,10,66
In 1 complete cycle what would be the order of scanning?
Ron

From what I understand, it would depend on what type of objects are in those ID positions. Conventional objects would be handled differently than talkgroup objects for example.

From what I've seen, when you press the scan button, or turn a scan list on or off, the radio builds an internal list of all of the objects in the enabled scanlists. Any objects that are duplicated between those scanlists are only placed in the internal list once (so ID #5 in your example would only be scanned once per cycle). This internal list is part of the reason that displaying a scan list id with an object being monitored is not possible.

Conventional objects are then scanned in what appears to be their object ID order, followed by search and sweeper objects, and then the TSYS objects that are associated with any enabled TGRP objects. This may not be the exact order the object types are scanned, but they would all be scanned once per cycle.

That's the basics of how I understand it to work. I'm sure others will fill in the holes.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.