Scan the Police - Baltimore City - Live tweeting the Baltimore City Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaJungle

Well, Im glad Im not in Baltimore, although they probably dont have the money for encryption.

This guy probably has zero interest in scanners, doesnt care about the "hobby" side of radio at all, and found out he can get twitter clout if he buys a scanner.
Now, fine, but when you combine that with his "fu** the cops" "Dont call the fu***** cops" tweets, it's going to make it really easy to portray this as someone who's broadcasting this info with ill-intention, and therefore make the whole scanner industry look bad

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm, I'm not seeing the difference between what the guy does vs. "breaking news" services that publish events on Broadcastify and other outlets. He does have a political spin, but I doubt he has an audience beyond a few fellow radicals.

phillydjdan

To you it's not. To an encryption-happy police commissioner? It is. But what do I know? I've only been watching the hobby die slowly for the last 10 years now...

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm optimistic that the recent focus on police misconduct will prove a need to keep routine radio activity in the clear. WRT Baltimore, there has been a feed of their channels for years - what's the difference?

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
To you it's not. To an encryption-happy police commissioner? It is. But what do I know? I've only been watching the hobby die slowly for the last 10 years now...

If it bothers you so much why don't you complain on that Twitter account? Complaining here isn't going to change anything they do there.

Status
Not open for further replies.