Scan Time / Search with Scan (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRambo

Hello All ---

On my new 996T, I am using/including a custom search range in my regular scan mode. I have set this up using UASD in the config editor for the Custom Search ranges. I have turned off the lock out under the "Search with Scan" section and set "Search Status" to ON. The custom scan range is now included in my scan items, BUT the entire scan range does not scan...only a portion of it. Each pass through the scan loop, a sequential segment of it will scan, but not the whole range.

It is being controlled by time, and not by the range limits. What am I missing in the settings such that the whole range will scan through, without being cut off by time. It is interesting that the system remembers where it left off in the scan range each time through and continues on from that point each pass through the scan loop.

What say veterans for the noob here??? :)

Thanks --- Bob

Last edited:

rbm

Search with Scan has a 'hold time' setting.

That determines the length of time the scanner will search before moving on.

With a long hold time, it may scan your entire search range multiple times. With a short hold time you may not make it through the search range before that time is up.

BadRambo

Hiya RMB ----

Thanks for the feedback -- I saw that setting but thought it was for scan hang time, after the signal drops --- OK, will crank that number up and see what the result is.

Again -- thanks . Bob

rbm

I'm assuming you're using the BCD396T. Here is where to find the information in the PDF version of the Owner's Manuals.

BCD396T Owner's Manual (PDF Version)
Top of page 98

If unlocked, the scanner first scans all selected systems, then searches the selected service searches for the selected hold time (0-255 seconds).

BCD996T Owner's Manual (PDF Version)
Top of page 97

The Search with Scan Hold time determines how long the scanner stays on a search before moving on. The default is 2 seconds.

rbm

BadRambo said:
Hiya RMB ----

Thanks for the feedback -- I saw that setting but thought it was for scan hang time, after the signal drops --- OK, will crank that number up and see what the result is.

Again -- thanks . Bob

It's a little confusing at first.
The hold time is how long the scanner will spend on a search range or scanning a system looking for activity. Before moving on to the next.

The delay time is how long it will wait AFTER A HIT, before resuming..

BadRambo

OK rbm -- yep, thanks, and it did work! You are right -- taking a while to absorb all the definitions -- sure like the 996T -- they did a good job on it.
Much tks again.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.