Scan75 - Current Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scan125

For those who use my Scan75 Control Program, or may be thinking of using Scan75, then I would just like to update you on it's status.

Since official release at V1.0.0.0 in January 2020 there have been over 590 downloads.

That said I've not updated Scan75 since Jan.2020 and nobody has raised issues or requested functional updates. I take this as a statement of "satisfaction and quality and function!".

That said.

I'm pleased to say that I am now bringing Scan75 up to the same equivalent functionality as Scan125 where the 75 series of scanners support those functions/features.

So please keep an eye out on both Scan75 and Scan125 (a guide).

If you are a Scan75 user then now is the time to hit me with any suggestions or issues you may have with the program but have been afraid to ask/say so.

Nick

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
For those who use my Scan75 Control Program, or may be thinking of using Scan75, then I would just like to update you on it's status.

Since official release at V1.0.0.0 in January 2020 there have been over 590 downloads.

That said I've not updated Scan75 since Jan.2020 and nobody has raised issues or requested functional updates. I take this as a statement of "satisfaction and quality and function!".

That said.

I'm pleased to say that I am now bringing Scan75 up to the same equivalent functionality as Scan125 where the 75 series of scanners support those functions/features.

So please keep an eye out on both Scan75 and Scan125 (a guide).

If you are a Scan75 user then now is the time to hit me with any suggestions or issues you may have with the program but have been afraid to ask/say so.

Nick
Would you post the individual links to both software packages and to what each does please?

I remember seeing the thread somewhere last year but I am legally blind and I have a difficult time finding things in the RadioReference forums ever since they did away with the app I used to be able to use and can't think of the name of right now.

I'm wanting to look and see if your software will work with the BC125AT and exactly what it offers and allows.

Thanks for any help and the shortcuts to the links on the topics!

Brian
COMMSCAN

Scan125

Sure, no problem. Here is the Scan125 link which is relevant to your BC125AT scanner.

Scan125 Control Program

Scan125 is designed to work with the BC125AT Scanner.

Scan125 is a full remote control PC program which allows you to not only control all functions, operations and settings of your 125 scanner but also to manage scanner channel data settings, etc.

Depending on your level of visual ability Scan125 does have a limited availability of ENLARGED screen functions.

That said the User Interface is pretty complex and detailed (but mainly based on single panel interfaces/forms) so depending on any screen reader/assistance software you use your mileage may vary.

Scan125 comes with a full User Manual, see: Scan125 User Manual

I can convert this HTML based manual into PDF format for you if that helps.

Regarding programming for blind/visually impaired users then I have experience from my mainframe programming history where we designed and coded all interface screens to be field tab able and screen reader friendly. That said Scan125 was not designed to be "blind" friendly and i have no idea how modern screen readers would/do cope with modern GUI programs and Scan125 in particular.

Please feel free to Email me (Email Addresses) with questions, feedback, even criticisms :)

Nick

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Sure, no problem. Here is the Scan125 link which is relevant to your BC125AT scanner.

Scan125 Control Program

Scan125 is designed to work with the BC125AT Scanner.

Scan125 is a full remote control PC program which allows you to not only control all functions, operations and settings of your 125 scanner but also to manage scanner channel data settings, etc.

Depending on your level of visual ability Scan125 does have a limited availability of ENLARGED screen functions.

That said the User Interface is pretty complex and detailed (but mainly based on single panel interfaces/forms) so depending on any screen reader/assistance software you use your mileage may vary.

Scan125 comes with a full User Manual, see: Scan125 User Manual

I can convert this HTML based manual into PDF format for you if that helps.

Regarding programming for blind/visually impaired users then I have experience from my mainframe programming history where we designed and coded all interface screens to be field tab able and screen reader friendly. That said Scan125 was not designed to be "blind" friendly and i have no idea how modern screen readers would/do cope with modern GUI programs and Scan125 in particular.

Please feel free to Email me (Email Addresses) with questions, feedback, even criticisms :)

Nick
Thanks for the quick reply Nick and that really does sound great. I appreciate the links and if you do create a PDF manual, that would be very helpful allowing me to use the search feature to find specific topics. I sure do appreciate the information and the help!

Brian
COMMSCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.