ScanCast-Icecast2 Timeouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Are these Icecast2 Timeouts normal? My FEED drops offline with SCANCAST/Icecast2 Timeout 3's a few times a night. I have seen other timeouts as well. I thought they might have been caused by being WIRELESS to my router, but I have since run CAT 5 cable and it still happens. I just wish the LOG showed TIMES for these dropouts. I am using PROSCAN 4.4.2 and since I reset the log last night it shows 2 dropouts in less than 8 hours. Not sure how long the FEED goes offline, if it is just seconds or longer.

KC9LVX Evansville, In Feed

SCANMUNCIE

My feed usually drops out about 3 times daily... I have a cable feed and it only seems to do it on the upstream to RR. As I stream other upstream audio, video feeds and don't have the problem..

I have just learned to live with it... As I have used oddcast, scannercast and it doesn't seem to matter..

It usually only a few seconds to a minute when it occurs.. I get it on the upstream , which of course drops the outbound stream from RR.

I see your from Indiana.. maybe its a Indiana thing....

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
My feed usually drops out about 3 times daily... I have a cable feed and it only seems to do it on the upstream to RR. As I stream other upstream audio, video feeds and don't have the problem..

I have just learned to live with it... As I have used oddcast, scannercast and it doesn't seem to matter..

It usually only a few seconds to a minute when it occurs.. I get it on the upstream , which of course drops the outbound stream from RR.

I switched your feeds over to the new server. Restart scannercast and see how it works.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Indiana

Maybe it is just INDIANA lol Egads, hate to think it is creeping across the OHIO from Kentucky.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
No, I think it might actually be the cable companies. When I ran oddcast, I lost my feed several times a night as well, and I use Scamcast.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
I'm getting caught up on the last few months live streaming threads and came across this one.

Anyways, this "timeout" error happens on almost every feed once an evening that I listen to. However, the LAFD feed has been doing it about every 5-10 minutes the last week, i've given up listening to that feed.

Jason

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I just wish the LOG showed TIMES for these dropouts. I am using PROSCAN 4.4.2 and since I reset the log last night it shows 2 dropouts in less than 8 hours. Not sure how long the FEED goes offline, if it is just seconds or longer.

Click on the check box "Status Logging Box Full Size" to view the times of the disconnects.

Status
Not open for further replies.