scancat lite/rebanding frequency programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy1042

wow, been at it all day long, cant seem to get the freq right for this rebanding to work with scancat lite freqency.

joker i changed those channels you posted, but all i am getting is chimmney peak, crystal peak location up not the talk group id's or agency listed.

plus i am still hearing stuff on old channels, mostly air key ups....

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Evidently that POS hasn't been updated to support rebanding - not surprising, that software is a real dog. If you got it on a CD, use it to hold your coffee cup - that's about all it's good for.

You didn't say what scanner you are trying to program, but there usually are many better choices...

I'm going to make a guess that you got either a PRO-197 or PRO-106, or one of the GRE object oriented radios. If that's true, there are 3 choices; ARC500, PSRedit500 or Win500. They are all linked from here (anything in blue is a link) - and all 3 are set up to support rebanding

Object Oriented Scanner Software- The RR Wiki

Note that if you are trying to program a rebanded EDACS type system, all you need to do is reprogram the new frequencies in the correct order, and you should be good to go 73 Mike

Last edited:

pinoy1042

thanks mike, yes it has been a problem since i got the program. even using there you tube instructions.

i am trying to program my pro-97, but every time i close my banks like in the past, it dont pick up any thing, but just a few things.....but sometime it shows up as if there was someone talking , but nothing is heard.

i only changed the first 15 channels that was listed in there order.

i hear more with another scanner next to it, than the one that is program.....and yes an EDACS system

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you are willing to do it by hand, this programming cheat sheet should help...(link below)

Programming Shortcut Pro-97 - The RadioReference Wiki

As for software, you want either Win97 (link below)

Win97 - Data Management Software for the PRO-97, PRO-2055, PSR-300, PSR-400, PRO-164, and PRO-163 Scanners

or BuTel's ARC300.

Unlike the dog, these 2 programs will allow you to download data from the database. You didn't mention what system you were programming...perhaps someone here can get you a file that you can import...

73 Mike

pinoy1042

wow, a big thanks again mike.....
i think your not ,but for someone thats not here in my city or state your the teacher.....lol

mikey60

If you are willing to do it by hand, this programming cheat sheet should help...(link below)

Programming Shortcut Pro-97 - The RadioReference Wiki

As for software, you want either Win97 (link below)

Win97 - Data Management Software for the PRO-97, PRO-2055, PSR-300, PSR-400, PRO-164, and PRO-163 Scanners

or BuTel's ARC300.

Unlike the dog, these 2 programs will allow you to download data from the database. You didn't mention what system you were programming...perhaps someone here can get you a file that you can import...

73 Mike

Or PSREdit300... ;)

Mike

sigint1

Was: joking
If you are trying to program a Radio Shack scanner - make sure you start with channel # x1 in whatever bank you have the system in - a lot of shack scanners have xx0 as first channel of the bank IE 20, 60, 80 etc is the first channel of a bank - for EDACS you need to start putting in the frequencies with the first x1 spot - IE 21, 61, 81 - and lock out the first channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.