ScanCat Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

dune614

Ok, so I'm buying a scanner for someone for christmas and I was looking for software for a pro-84. Its a Radioshack bundle that comes with the racing headphones and is the only reason why I'm getting that particular model. I already have a pro-97 and a lot of the goodies for it including the USB interface cable and a legit copy of Pro-97. The pro-84 does have the capabilities to have a computer interface, but I was wondering if anyone knows if Don Starr makes a WINxx to use on the pro-84. I don't mind shelling out for his software, I think its quality that counts. However, so far I've only found Arc84 which I'm a ltitle queezy about buying, or possibly just breaking down and buying a copy of ScanCat Lite. However, most of the sites I've found to buy it seem like resalers. Does anyone know of the home site for it?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You need not spend a penny for the software - as I understand it, the PRO83 and PRO84 share the same protocol, so the free Load83 program (which I believe is available in the PRO83 Yahoo group) should work just fine.

Scancat Lite Plus is available direct from Computer Aid Technologies, but why buy when you can get some free that will probably work just as well? 73s Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.