Scancat Programming software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramagod

I just happen to find this software through a web search. It looks pretty good as it supports most modern scanners. Does anyone have any experience with this product that has an opinion on it? Thanks in advance for your response.

teufler

yes used in for awhile. Compared to Freescan, for the 396xt, Scancat was limited but its the only software for radios that I have found that takes a radio setup from one radio to another. Very handy when I was moving up from the 296d to the 396xt.. Once I had the file, I sent it to the 396xt, then read it with Freescan, to make further adjustments. Scancat was not as fast as Freescan in reading and writing to whatever scanner.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
ScanCat

Do a search on Radio Reference for ScanCat and it is highly unlikely you'll find anyone saying anything good about it. Several of us have tested it and found that it does not program scanners as it claims.

I strongly suggest using different software, even if it means having a different program for each scanner you own.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
So that we're not shooting in the dark - Tramagod, precisely for which scanners are you looking for software?

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And as such, the big 3 for object oriented scanners (which you already know) are your best choices. So far, at least...who knows what someone might develop in the meantime? Mike

Nasby

Go with one of the Big 3.

Stay away from the Scancat crap. Even if its free!!

Status
Not open for further replies.