ScanControl no CTCSS search

Status
Not open for further replies.

MB

Feed Provider
I recently purchased the new version of ScanControl only to find that there is no way to program each channel with CTCSS search. There is however a drop down option for DCS search, but for the life of me I can not figure out how to program CTCSS search. I am trying to program my BCT15. Has anyone else ran into this problem? What am I missing?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Reading the Easier to Read manual, it says that if you set the CTCSS/DCS option to 'search' , it will search for either a PL or DCS. In Scan Control's case, click on the CTCSS column, and let the DCS pulldown default to 'SRCH', set the CTCSS column to zero and I think that will do it

By the way, there's a dedicated SC Yahoo group here - you might get answers quicker this way...

ScanControl : ScanControl Users Group

73 Mike

Last edited:

MB

Feed Provider
Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply! However, I already tried your recommendation and it does not work. It will not search for a CTCSS tone unless I manually set every frequency to search by programming the radio itself. It looks like there is no way for ScanControl to search for a CTCSS tone. If I would have know that I would have never purchased the software. I don't understand why they just didn't put the search option in the CTCSS drop down menu like they did with the DCS drop down menu! It just doesn't make any sense.

And in regards to the ScanControl Yahoo group. I have posted that question twice to the ScanControl yahoo group and for some reason it never shows up on the list of messages. I am not sure why they will not post my questions. That is why I posted here. I even searched the ScanControl group extensively and there is no mention about this bug. I am sure there must be others that are experiencing the same problem!

Anyone else have this problem with ScanControl?

Thanks,
MB

Reading the Easier to Read manual, it says that if you set the CTCSS/DCS option to 'search' , it will search for either a PL or DCS. In Scan Control's case, click on the CTCSS column, and let the DCS pulldown default to 'SRCH', set the CTCSS column to zero and I think that will do it

By the way, there's a dedicated SC Yahoo group here - you might get answers quicker this way...

ScanControl : ScanControl Users Group

73 Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You might want to try Freescan. It's freeware, and it has its own dedicated forums. Assaf (the author) is usually pretty good about answering questions, and he does come over here to RR from time to time. The user manual is stored in our wiki here

SC has suffered from a serious lack of attention; the author has said he basically doesn't have the time or resources to update the program right now (sounds like he's lost interest, frankly); it's not even supporting the new XT line of scanners. I'd migrate - and it wouldn't cost you anything. I used to be an active SC supporter, but I've migrated and never looked back. I keep SC for a couple of older scanners I have, but I use FreeScan with my 396. It works with ALL the Uniden DMA scanners, including the XT models.

You might want to post a question about PL/DCS searching on the Uniden forum; confirm with UPMan that it's supposed to work the way the Easier to Read manual says it does. Wouldn't hurt to confirm that this is yet another SC bug.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.