Scandal brewing in El Paso county

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

Pretty darn timely considering my post yesterday on this forum about the El Paso County Director/Manager of Communication retiring (with audio):

http://forums.radioreference.com/co...director-manager-retiring-after-38-years.html

The director of communications was in a very important position to see and hear a lot of communications that the public would not see or hear normally. She knew what was going on throughout the department.

My favorite (farewell comment on the audio recording) was an El Paso County Sheriff Sgt saying, "May all the dirt you have on us remain unspoken."

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Wow, talk about truth being stranger than fiction. The Commission may have difficulty taking immediate adverse action against Maketa. They might be able to form an investigative committee which could "indirectly" pressure him to resign. However, the Commission will presumably want to avoid bringing negative PR upon themselves or other County officials...

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I believe recalls have to be initiated by voter petitions, so it would require a group of "activists" to organize around the issue. I don't even want to think about the potential content of TV or radio ads for that campaign!

Status
Not open for further replies.