ScanDiego forums down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
Is anyone else having trouble accessing the ScanDiego.com forums? I can see the main index but whenever I click on a topic it just goes to a blank page. Tried both Chrome and IE11 with same problem.

musician2111

The site has been slowly falling into disrepair. The links to the saved audio haven't worked in years and most of the other links apart from the forums are dead or the content hasn't been looked at in years.

The forums are giving me the same problems as everyone else. Tried with IE, Chrome and Firefox. You can see the main topics but when you click on a specific thread the next page loads blank.

I cannot find a link to the "webmaster" to send him a notification. I think Don is a moderator of the forums so maybe he can shed some light on this or at the very least get ahold of the website owner.

musician2111

Did the site owner indicate he was migrating to another server or is he quitting the whole thing?

brandon

Database Admin
The site should be up by the end of the year, maybe by November.

brandon

Database Admin
Sean was kind enough to give me access to the old SanDiego website and ownership of the domain, so I'm working on getting the forums back online.

Unfortunately there is some bad news. The reason why the forums stopped working a couple months ago was it appears the mysql database got hosed and was completely empty other than the table names. Not really sure why it happened but it's possible the old forums had been hacked. The old hosting provider also closed up shop, so there is no way to find out for sure what happened.

Unfortunately the last native phpBB backup was from 2009, so the past 5 years of posts are gone :( Bad news for sure but I guess is better than nothing. So I went ahead and ran with the 2009 data to keep some of the content for historical purposes.

Anyway the forum is coming back online at ScanDiego Forums - Index page and has been upgraded to phpBB 3.1 release. I'm still working on getting stuff cleaned up and some forums merged, but it should be ready for some beta testing.

I'll try to get Tapatalk installed on it soon so it can be accessed from mobile devices too.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
... Unfortunately the last native phpBB backup was from 2009, so the past 5 years of posts are gone :( Bad news for sure but I guess is better than nothing. So I went ahead and ran with the 2009 data to keep some of the content for historical purposes. ...

I hate it when that happens.
We'll wait and see how it looks when it comes back up. Thanks Brandon for stepping in and helping.

Don

StevenS

Hi Brandon,

I just took a look at the ScanDiego site today. It is starting to take shape nicely. Thank you for taking over the site and rescuing what content you are able. There really was some good San Diego specific information on that site well worth keeping.

Thanks again for stepping in for us.

dano3131

SCAN DIEGO.COM

Just FYI scandiego.com as we all knew it is GONE! Sean gave the url to a guy that asked for it when we killed all our LA web hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.