ScanEyes - Call recording and browsing with Software Defined Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
I'd just like to show something I've been working on.

In late 2013 I was introduced with a problem.
The Cleveland TRS was being deployed in my city and new talkgroups would pop up every day, I needed a way of logging them for review later so I can identify the unknown ones and submit the info to the DB.

So I came up with ScanEyes and Log Recorder, small programs I've created that are part of a larger array of programs that help me record, search, browse calls, and create playlists.

The radios I use are 2 R820t Nooelec RTLSDR dongles, one connected to Unitrunker, another to SDR#. DSD+ decodes the audio while my Log Recorder spawns the recorder program when a call is detected. The recorded mp3 is put into a folder with the following naming scheme:

YYYY/MM/DD/UNIXTIMESTAMP_TGID_TGNAME_RID_RNAME.mp3

This is how it works flow diagram

Some of the main features include
  • Responsive design compatible with both mobile and desktop browsers
  • Keyword search with hotlinks
  • Talkgroup browse mode
  • Call amount reports
  • Playlist and sharing features
  • Full permissions system with browse and streaming access
  • User accounts with User and Admin control panel

Tell me what you think, check it out live at SDRSCAN.COM

I've written a lengthier article about it on my blog as well

Screenshots:
Fake scanner extra feature
fakescanner.png

Tthe main interface

CommLt

Feed Provider
This is a very interesting project. I am looking forward to following your progress and comments on the forum. In the near future I will need to start figuring out the radio ID's in a few of my systems. Looks like this might help.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
+1 on the very interesting. Very cool as well.

Not to sound stupid, but I'm guessing you are not releasing the SDRSCAN portion of this to "the hounds" yet. Or am I being stupid and completely overlooking something. Or both? :D

Thanks for your efforts!

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
+1 on the very interesting. Very cool as well.

Not to sound stupid, but I'm guessing you are not releasing the SDRSCAN portion of this to "the hounds" yet. Or am I being stupid and completely overlooking something. Or both? :D

Thanks for your efforts!

That's correct, no public release yet. For security reasons, I kind of wanted someone to look over my code and make sure it's safe. It should be though. I can do a private beta if anyone's interested just email me. I'm currently working on a 3rd version that uses databases, and should be much more secure, organized, and robust.

Status
Not open for further replies.