TRX-1: Scanlist delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAbirdman

on the unit - each object only int he scan list. On EZScan open scanlist, select all objects and click "delete" or "remove"

rwier

I prefer to use the far right column (Scanlists in the above example). Highlight the undesired objects (they will turn blue) and Left Click in the Scanlists column. De-Select (turn the black box white) the objects destined for REMOVAL. Don't forget to click on "Set". These REMOVED objects are magically transported to the "Unassigned Objects" Scanlist, where they can be assigned to a Scanlist in the future WITHOUT having to go through the tricky import adventure. Deleting them forces re-importing if you ever want them back.

rwier

It helps the thought process to think of the Scanlists as Filing Cabinets in an office. You can remove files (the objects) to another File Cabinet, or you can remove and destroy those files (the objects). This will keep the user from asking the common question (EZScan Software) "How do I delete a Scanlist? The question indicates a conceptual malfunction, as Scanlists are forever, objects can come and go.

troymail

Silent Key
So how many objects total can you put on say a conventional scanlist? Is there a maximum?

Chief

I'm not aware of/haven't encountered any limit.

Scanlists are simply logical groups of channels, etc. When you scan, the radio just gathers up all of the things you want to (try to) scan and then scans them so ultimately, it's really just one huge scanlist in the end.

Just remember, the more you scan, the slower the scan cycle gets.

Best to break things up into smaller groups (scanlists) and enable/disable as you go.

One other minor point - there isn't really such a thing as a "conventional" scanlist. You can mix and match any type of objects in any given scanlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.